BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lonestar's Badmoon Orks WIP

Hi Guys, long time reader (of the blog) first time poster.

For the past few weeks I have been working on a new ork army to be fielded in just under 2 weeks away! I am going for a mega nob list with battle wagons and deff dreads.

Here are some pics of what I have done thus far, I will be going back and adding decals and touching up slips etc.

really nice yellow, dude

what'd you use for the wash?

Chapter-Master

wow nice
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Extremely good. I love the glass effects lots.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Thankyou guys, I have been trying to post up more pics, but they just dont appear.....

I used a the GW sepia wash over the yellow, highlighting with badmoon yellow.

Looks like I was hitting the wrong "submit" button....

There are another 9 mega nobs and a battle wagon to finish, I am hopeing they will be done this week.

I have also finished another deff dread, but I haven't taken a shot of that one yet.

How many points?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Default Awesome work!

Amazing work there... I have to second that comment about the strong yellow. First space marine chapter I did was yellow and black, and painting yellow I soon learned is a pain. That is a super bright absolutely clean yellow.

The deff dread is awesome. That's a fantastic paint job.

I've got one question: are you planning to add battle damage, weathering, chipped paint, etc? Like the deathroller in front of the battlewagon would have most of that paint worn off. I've seen people go both ways... the ultra-realistic paint job where everything is rusty/greasy/worn down (which often just ends up looking messy), and the "just rolled off the assembly line" look. With the paint job you've done there, it'd almost be sacrilege to go back and start painting bare metal and rust all over it. The Bad Moons are the richest clan, so I could see them actually making sure everything was repainted & touched up before a battle.
    Last edited by Warptiger; 07-11-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warptiger View Post
    Amazing work there... I have to second that comment about the strong yellow. First space marine chapter I did was yellow and black, and painting yellow I soon learned is a pain. That is a super bright absolutely clean yellow.

The deff dread is awesome. That's a fantastic paint job.

I've got one question: are you planning to add battle damage, weathering, chipped paint, etc? Like the deathroller in front of the battlewagon would have most of that paint worn off. I've seen people go both ways... the ultra-realistic paint job where everything is rusty/greasy/worn down (which often just ends up looking messy), and the "just rolled off the assembly line" look. With the paint job you've done there, it'd almost be sacrilege to go back and start painting bare metal and rust all over it. The Bad Moons are the richest clan, so I could see them actually making sure everything was repainted & touched up before a battle.
    Thankyou.

I am envisioning in the future converting a swarm of grotts with paint buckets and brushes....... I don't like doing the weathered look, I like my colours nice and bright.

The points for this army at the moment will be 1750.

But it will grow, I am sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast