BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by carrotcolossus View Post
    I think it is weird that some FAQs make major changes (DE seems to have gotten a bunch of fixes) but something like VCs didn't have much change at all. I would hate to be a WoC player, who lost the ability to take Chaos Dragons. I think the FAQs show the variability of game design by GW.
    We did not lose the ability to take Chaos Dragons. Previously, Chaos Dragons would consume an extra Hero slot in the force organization. That is, a Lord on a Chaos Dragon would count as a Lord and a Hero. With the new percentage calculations, that role is moot and does not apply. That is the note the FAQ instructed us to ignore. We can still take Chaos Dragons.

Default Some have already been updated...

checked out the lizardmen errata,

They completely nuked the chance of using transformation of Kadon on the Slann. Absolutely no, which I don't understand because he not classified as being on anything other then foot (there's a reason why I say this, even though the model shows him riding a stone seat).

I pose this, since it says it in the description, does that leave room for using descriptions as justification for some rules (or even clearing up things)? Can of worms?
    You all might want to check out your armies errata again, the lizard men was updated the 12th.

Check again guys, there have been some new changes this last week and now they're all version 1.1

The speed of these changes encourages me a bit about GW and their FAQs. I remember even just 3 years ago and this was unheard of. Perhaps GW is trying to speed up their game design from their previously snail's pace?

One change I was happy to see was the inclusion of Elven steeds being Fast Cav again. That was a stupid change and I think they realized that.

A really good change in the empire errata is that engineers can now use their abilities on helblasters and helstorms which makes those weapons a lot more viable. No real bad changes seen.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by whitestar333 View Post
    Check again guys, there have been some new changes this last week and now they're all version 1.1

The speed of these changes encourages me a bit about GW and their FAQs. I remember even just 3 years ago and this was unheard of. Perhaps GW is trying to speed up their game design from their previously snail's pace?

One change I was happy to see was the inclusion of Elven steeds being Fast Cav again. That was a stupid change and I think they realized that.
    o I know i saw that. My WE are still capable of doing something again. I can't believe how fast they updated the FAQs!!

Initiate

I'm largely happy with the way the FAQ's have come out and for the most part how easy to read they are. At least compared to the slow process of 40K FAQ's.

Haven't finished going through all of them yet, but so far the (2nd) batch of FAQ's seem much better.

One question though - I haven't been able to find a Game Reference Sheet (hoping to print it out for the Miscast, etc, rather than flipping pages in the book all the time). Has anyone seen one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12