BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Chaplain

Strength and Toughness are still in the game, And I highly doubt a Land Raider would be less then toughness 7, which is one point too high for a S3 lasgun to wound and also the toughness of a Dreadnought.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer Community - Warhammer 40,000: Unit Profiles
    Strength and Toughness are still with us, and still use an opposing value principle (so much higher Strength will still wound on 2+, low Strength will wound on a 6+), and these aren’t capped at 10 any more either.
    [url]https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/25/warhammer-40000-unit-profiles/[/url]
    ^That there debunks your assumption that basic weapons will rule the edition. A land raider (or any vehicle) can by toughness 10 or above, putting weapons like lasguns well without the boundaries of threats to such vehicles.

Here's a wound chart I threw together using the current one but extended to 20. I can see the current vehicles being between 7-15 in toughness and then have super heavies at 16-20 maybe more (it all depends if GW put a cap at all on stats)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoundChart.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	19646
    The chart isn't perfect, as I would assume they may extend the 6+ to wound on the high strength weapons and change some of the 2+ to wound to 'auto' (I say if the S is X4+1 to the T, this means S5 auto wounds T1)
    Last edited by The Madman; 04-26-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.