BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Chopping up the 8th ed. rulebook

I am going to take my new 8th ed. rulebook to Kinko's to have the spine chopped off and then get it spiral bound. It's my intention to only put the necessary pages in and leave out the fluff.

It appears that I shouldn't just do it with the first 150 pages as there's good spell info in the back.

In your opinion, what pages should be in a 'cut down' version of this book?
    Elitist douchebag

Brother-Captain

IMO, everything that's being cut out to make the Island of Blood version....

Why spend the money on the book if you're going to chop it up?

Librarian

200 pages in the real book, but i've pretty much felt like splitting the book into two as well. Being that i've got a separate reading copy (aka: Collectors) for when i'm at home there's no real point to having a second giant rulebook to lug around all the time.

Good choice though.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Veteran-Sergeant

That's a $75.00 ouch.

If you're going to do it, keep everything game-essential (duh). To include Rules, Magic, and the reference section.

Chapter-Master

IMO pages 1-149 are the main rules.

Then 482-509 are the reference sections, with all the magic lores.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

So that entire section from 151 - 477 can be removed, along with the introduction? And I'll keep the index in the back as well.
    Elitist douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    So that entire section from 151 - 477 can be removed, along with the introduction? And I'll keep the index in the back as well.
    How about waiting till September and then buy the boxset and have the mini book then?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

I'm not a fan of the "worlds largest rule book" as every one knows but I wouldn't advocate chopping up a £45 book.
    Wait for the small one......
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

In a few months you will be able to get the Island of Blood rulebook on eBay for ten pounds or so. Wait for that, cutting up a forty five pound book for no good reason now is just plain stupid. Very, very stupid.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

If it were me, I'd wait until Island of Blood comes out for the mini book. The book lover in me cringes at the thought of damaging the BRB or any book for that matter.
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast