BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Feminising High Elf Prince kit

I've got one of the gorgeous plastic High Elf Prince kits which I've never got around to assembling and painting for my little High Elf force. What I want to do with it is convert them into females and I'm wondering how to do it. Current plan consists of filing the waist down a bit to give it a more feminine curve, and if thats not enough possibly reshape the upper torso with green stuff in a sensible fashion. Any advice/opinions? Will the waist be easily filed etc?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

You could take a look at some wood elf models, i believe the glade guard have a few female torsos and heads.
    that said, they would look waay out of place on an armoured prince model, so i'm not quite sure what to do there.
    http://warhammermusings.blogspot.com/

Well thats the thing, I want to keep as much of the kit present as possible, not go using alternate torsos and such because there just aren't any which work. I'm hoping I can get away with filing the waist slightly and painting the helmet pink. If that doesn't work, GS breasts. But then I lose some of the nice detail on the torso, and I don't have the GS skill to replace it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Hm I'm thinking now I might just take a nice head off another female elf miniature and stick it on. I lose the pretty helmet though.

Since I'm not very good at GS I have the same problem on different projects as well. Best thing I can suggest is make a GS mold of the chest, attach the boobs, then cast the GS mold very thin and try to drape it on the new "landscape" like cloth. It might work... it might not... might take several tries, but should be a good center piece when done.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, though it sound promising. I feel a bit stupid (blonde) today.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue.trader.voril View Post
    Since I'm not very good at GS I have the same problem on different projects as well. Best thing I can suggest is make a GS mold of the chest, attach the boobs, then cast the GS mold very thin and try to drape it on the new "landscape" like cloth. It might work... it might not... might take several tries, but should be a good center piece when done.

He means press the green stuff to the model so all the detail is on it in reverse, then when it's hard do the same to the green stuff with .. more green stuff, and you'll have all the detail the correct way on the greenstuff.
    Then the only problem is to get it to attach to the model properly.

Ah I see, that makes sense. So I attach some GS breasts to the actual torso, then drape the detail back over them and try and squidge it down to attach it without damage the detail too much, so Iget the original detail moulded over the new breasts? I could see that working. I could even file the original detail off first to make the torso smaller and more feminine and lay the GS detail over that.

Eldar girl, where you based?

I've recently thought about basically doing exactly what you want, and will probably be doing one or two trys. If they come out ok, i would be more than happy to just send you one. (distance permitting of course. if your like in the out reaches of the outback then maybe not lol)

Sent you a PM, addamsfamily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast