BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skaven Terror

Brother-Sergeant

Default Skaven Terror

Anyone else notice that the Doom Wheel and The Hell Pit Abomination no longer really cause Terror any more!?
    They both use "random movement" USR and thus do not cause a charge reaction. The only thing they have going for it is that they can ignore other things that cause terror but that is about it! Sad!

Does it say terror is removed?
    As it is, terror is not as good as it used to be, and the doomwheel should never have caused it (Fear i can understand) so it's not that big of a deal.

Yes, Goo, let's throw a rotating death wheel in front of you that shoots lightning and see if you don't soil your self in TERROR.

And the sight of people rotting and still walking towards moaning, with the stench clogging your nose until you can barely breath..

Undeaed cause fear, very few things should be scarier than them, and a wheel that can barely be steered and zaps randomly and well.. in a nutshell is erratic in the extreme.. it just doesn't seem so. Even the steam tank causes terror which is ridiculous.. i would not be more scared of a what is pretty much and armoured mobile cannon more so than undead and giants.
    Hell pit i understand, it's well.. a hell-pit..

Default Scary poo!

I actually enjoy the nerfbat of terror. Its cleaner and easier to herd people around.

I always thought that the aura of 'cheesiness' was a little much. However my pair of Hellcannon (to be named) love shuffling things around the board still. Its fun!

As far as the bell I would consider the loss of Terror a boon. I don't have the squeaks book handy, but I am more afraid of fear than terror in the new addition anyway.

Yo!

Terror means pass a panic check or make a flee charge reaction
    Fear is the same, but instead of flee'ing they're reduced to WS1
    Fear>Terror!

Also : The random movement RAW in the Skaven codex, unless it's been covered in the FAQ (haven't checked), lets you make a charge reaction against the HPA and Doomwheel.

Librarian

I might be wrong; but doesn't being charged by a Terror causing unit cause a 'Panic check' not a 'flee charging reaction test.' Similar effect, but different causes, options/choices. They don't get the choice of fleeing; but I can still force them to panic (and maybe cause other units to panic); also some units like longbeards and warriors of chaos have special rules against panic (but not for fleeing).

Also don't terror causing units also cause fear (and will cause fear even to fear causing units); and get a better CR bonus? That would still make terror > fear.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

The reason I say that is, you don't count as charging if there's no charge reaction; but if you get a charge reaction, then it should cause Terror checks... I'd think...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Orminah View Post
    The reason I say that is, you don't count as charging ...
    No, it still count as charging; you just disallow the standard reactions to it except for 'hold'.

You still get the +1 CR, you still do impact hits, you still get a lance/spear bonus, etc.; so it'd make sense to still cause panic.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast