BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Would you allow this?

I'm starting an IG veteran force made from mixed plastics. As of right now the infantry consists of the following bits:

-GW arms
    -Wargames Factory British Zulu heads
    -Wargames Factory Sci Fi Greatcoats bodies
    -GW slottabase
    -GW accessories

My question is this: Would this sort of thing be allowed inside a Games Workshop or LGS... or against anyone here lol? My guess is no, but I thought it better to ask the group.

Here's a picture:

I know there's alot of flash and things on the model- they're just mockups, so yeah.

No problem with that at all. Very creative, fluffy and WYSIWYG, whats not to like?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

If the weapons are right, the models are of the same species, and you can differentiate between the squad types, most of the people I've played with would not mind. For example, I'd have no problem seeing those as guardsmen in a casual game, but I'd get a bit confused if you try to run those guys as termagants.

Veteran-Sergeant

Shouldn't be a problem. Most GW stores allow conversions if over 50% is GW product. Most indie stores really don't care as long as the pieces look like what they're supposed to be.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks for the responses guys. To that end, what would "50%" be considered? 50% by volume, number of parts? hm.... I guess for that I'll have to check with my local redshirt.

Librarian

to be honest, most ppl around here would just ask, how did you make that, not why or "wtf mate?"
    and thats at GW and LGS, they make great Praetorian's how much is the cost of those bits?

untill you get them painted or have squad colors, i'd paint the ring on the bases different colors, that helps tremendously, "ok, squad green...CHARGE!... sqaud light blue, FIRE!!!...etc.."

Brother-Captain

Usually it's 50% by volume. Some stores will also require that the model started out as a GW model, but that's less common.

You can always add more GW bits if you need to get up to 50%, like backpacks, a holster, or other decorative bits. You can add GW bits to the base, too.

I saw a model at Adepticon that was 100% not-GW except that it was standing on a 3" tall pile of dead space marines.

Librarian

I don't think anyone would really care about you using those models. The only times I think people would raise hell is if you were using dollar store army men or the person you were playing against was a real ballbuster.
    "Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."

Veteran-Sergeant

Those look good. I can't think of anywhere around here that would give you any problem. Keep us posted on your army asyou progress, I forone would like to see how theylook when you are done.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Veteran-Sergeant

Plasticaddict: Thanks, Will do! Though I might just start another thread for that.

I'm trying to go for a Pre-Heresy Imperial Army, and I'll be using the Tempus Fugitives' rules pack from the Great Crusade. These guys are going to be under my UM Space Marine Legion, and are pretty much all veterans with Rhinos. If someone gets stickler about the rules (as normally IG can't take rhinos), I'll count them as WH stormtroopers, and just pay the extra 15 points per Rhino.
    Last edited by BlackKnight15624; 07-19-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast