BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post

I saw a model at Adepticon that was 100% not-GW except that it was standing on a 3" tall pile of dead space marines.
    HA!

First-Captain

Those look cool--and I can't think of a LGS who would care one way or the other.

GW store? More likely to be pissy about it.

Tourney? Probably going to not be kosher, based on the lack of a rabbi blessing the plastic, and the lack of the mini being majority GW product.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight15624 View Post
    I'm starting an IG veteran force made from mixed plastics. As of right now the infantry consists of the following bits:

-GW arms
    -Wargames Factory British Zulu heads
    -Wargames Factory Sci Fi Greatcoats bodies
    -GW slottabase
    -GW accessories

My question is this: Would this sort of thing be allowed inside a Games Workshop or LGS... or against anyone here lol? My guess is no, but I thought it better to ask the group.

Here's a picture:

I know there's alot of flash and things on the model- they're just mockups, so yeah.
    My question would be, "Why wouldn't I allow it?"

I think they look good, and around here anyway, the LGS doesn't really care one way or the other on 'official' GW. And anyone who has seen my original tanks for IG knows that I give less than a tinker's damn about official. I will be interested to see them painted up.

Keep up the good work.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

Battle-Brother

How much (if any) cutting and filing went into getting the arms to fit properly?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mad_larkin View Post
    How much (if any) cutting and filing went into getting the arms to fit properly?
    None- The WGF SF Greatcoat torsos are less than 1mm slimmer than the GW cadian torsos, so it makes for a relatively easy transition.

My only beef with putting this together was their bases- I absolutely despise the blob a their feet. However, I didn't want to spend the time cutting it off and re-balancing them on the GW bases, so I just filled the base up to the blob's height and sanded it.

My understanding on GW rules:

Mixed IP is a big no go. Meaning that any symbols, icons etc that dont belong to GW wont be allowed in any GW store or tourney strictly following GW rules.

Modeling that can be considered generic i.e. 'a sword' or 'a head' cannot be anybodys IP and therefore should be alowed as long as there are no symbols/icons/etc. to associate it with someone elses IP.

The mixed IP is the big rule as it has legal implecations. GW's LGS's and tourneys may have a model or army % based ruling but you would need to check with them, just depends how picky they are.

Not too sure about the body from your model, but the head and helm wouldn't break the IP rule.

Hope this helps.

Veteran-Sergeant

It really depends on your store. Most GW hubs call for atleast 50% GW product by weight or volume. But mine is 75% GW product ask your local store or where you play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12