BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I hope Forge World stops charging VAT on sales made overseas now that it's reached ridiculous levels. I always understood that it didn't apply on exports but they don't take it off.

?! They should not be charging VAT on exports, might want to ask them about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterex View Post
    I hope Forge World stops charging VAT on sales made overseas now that it's reached ridiculous levels. I always understood that it didn't apply on exports but they don't take it off.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Unfortunate but necessary, massive guvmint debt=bad times. I just hope GW don't use it as an excuse to raise prices in foreign currencies as well.
    Agreed. You cant blame the current Goverment for the mess the previous goverment made of things.

Dont buy from GW direct where possible, the internet is your friend.
    Last edited by Duke; 09-02-2010 at 07:47 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Limey El'Jonson View Post
    Makes me glad I emigrated to Canada. The HST in British Columbia doesn't seem so bad after all.

Don't forget - you voted for the c*nts
    it was either that or the bnp/snp/greens

hard choice eh :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Unhappy Break up letter

Goodbye Games Workshop, its been fun for the past ten years but now we must part ways.

You still havn't done any 5th edition codices for my many xenos armies and now I can't afford to update them if you ever do release the books.

You have just priced me out of the hobby.

Battle-Brother

You can get cheap GW from the internet and ebay.

And GW have not put VAT up yet, and when (if) they do it is not by the choice of them. Its the governments choice.

Plus you never know, GW might be kind to us and not put up the VAT on there products and just absorb the extra costs. Just as the Games industry might do and is currently thinking about doing.

This Price rise would not be GW fault at least.

Scout

In Uk buy from Gifts for Geeks, all their products are 20% cheaper than Games-Workshops'

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew283 View Post
    The lovely Conservative co-alition Government wish to raise have just restored VAT from 15% to 17.5% which resulted in a GW price rise over here. Now however they want to raise it a further 2.5% to 20% to reduce the Dept owed by Britain.

Woe on us over here is that's the case as it just gives GW an excuse to bump up prices....again O_o
    Warhammer 40k, and table top wargaming in general, is still a very cheap hobby to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Warhammer 40k, and table top wargaming in general, is still a very cheap hobby to get into.
    Compared to what? Flying a personal jet?

Anyway I don't understand why people are blaming GW for the UK gov's actions?

--

Oh yeah, and probably the #1 reason Americans pay so much less in taxes is lack of services like universal health care. Most Canadians simply could not imagine having to pay for medical treatment.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Torcano View Post
    Compared to what? Flying a personal jet?

Anyway I don't understand why people are blaming GW for the UK gov's actions?

--

Oh yeah, and probably the #1 reason Americans pay so much less in taxes is lack of federalized services. Most Canadians simply could not imagine having timely medical treatment.
    I've played airsoft and paintball, as well as cycling and climbing, and a host of other hobbies/activities, as well as drinking heavily, and miniatures is probably the cheapest of them all. I don't have an XBox, but for the cost of one, plus a few games a year, I'm imagining it's comparable as well. I won't start in on golf.

The only thing I do/have done that is cheaper overall is running...and even then, I eat a lot more when I am running significant daily distances than I do when I'm not, so you could probably factor that in too.
    Last edited by Faultie; 08-31-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast