BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default Malval District project - AoS Skirmish/Mordheim table

Ok, it's time to unveil a new project of mine. The title of this article may have given you a few hints on what it is and I can see your eyes rolling. One more Mordheim table on the internet. I know, I know, it may sound cliché but I still had to do it. So I will skip the whole "kid's dream" chit-chat and go directly to the project itself...

Background
    "Malval is one of the more ruined district of Mordheim, the city of the Damned. Only recently, the radiation level of the shattered pieces of Wyrdstone reached acceptable levels for the most fearless adventurers to investigate this district." - Imperial Geography magazine, vol 2017.

Project
    The objective of the project is to build a 120x120 cm (4x4 ft) table on three levels, with a ruined medieval table.

I choose to go for a modular table divided in four squares 60x60 cm (2x2 ft) each. First this would enable me to change the set-up of the board from game to game to keep it fun and diverse to play on it. Second this will also enable me to store it and transport is more easily, as I plan to construct custom-made wood box for this purpose.

To make sure that the various set-up will fit together, I drew a quick sketch of the table. With this design I could potentially reach 10 differents set-up which should be more than enough to provide countless uniques Mordheim games (or Frostgrave and maybe the new Age of Sigma Skirmish game)

As you can see on the sketch above, in gray there will be a few roads connecting the different modules. In blue, there will be a canal going through the city, heavily inspired by Venice's streets.

To give you a preview of what it will look IRL, here are a few pictures of the basic wooden structure of the four modules.

So what you think?I would really love to have your comments about this project as I really want it to be a great AoS Skirmish/Mordheim table and it would be great to have your different points of view or ideas to make it so. For more info about my projects, feel free to go to the blog [URL="https://simpleaswar.wordpress.com"]SimpleasWar[/URL].

Kibo
    Last edited by Kibo; 05-25-2017 at 04:06 AM.
    #SimpleAsWar
    https://www.facebook.com/simpleaswar