BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Furioso Dreadnought Sprue/ Box Question

Hey there everyone, I was wondering what comes in a Furioso Dreadnought box set. I want to see what I get for 50 bucks. If it doesn't seem worth it. I would rather trick out a black reach dread with a right arm CCW from ebay or forgeworld. What's the better value?

Chapter-Master

The furioso kit that GW sells is an old metal kit. You don't want it.

Veteran-Sergeant

My Furioso was not worth the money i put in it at the time i bought it. It completely metal with no CCW variations. Just the two gimpy claws

Thanks for the valuable info! then I think that I must try to trick out a Black Reach Dreadnought. Anything I should know about them? Will the venerable, ironclad, or forgeworld arm bits fit on them just the same?
    Last edited by Javsgotyournose; 07-21-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Scout

The black reach kit arm nubbins on the main body are a little bit smaller than the sockets on most of the arms from the actual kits. That is easily remedied with gs or if yer magnetizing a non issue. Other than that nothing really much.
    Found a dude here in SA thats unloading a bunch of em for like 5bucks each. Gonna pick up 2 more sos i can make riflemen varianents myself.

Damn that's a damn good price. Im down here in tiny little Corpus Christi with a tiny gaming community.
    Not sure what GS stands for.
    thanks for the info I think I will either try the magnets idea or some sort of putty that will fill out the gaps and allow me to swap out weapons.

Veteran-Sergeant

Green Stuff - the two-part modelling clay used in all sorts of conversion projects
    Because really, the Hive Mind just wants to make friends.

Chapter-Master

theres a lot of nice converion bits out there however the easiest is to buy FW claws( blood talons) or apare ironclad arms (blood fists)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!