BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Or the person could just be making a joke to get people excited. Retail work can be pretty boring ( I know)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Really?

I have to say I don't believe you at all.

What kind of store has a computer with its screen facing the customers? What kind of dumb employee would be viewing sensitive documents on the floor with people walking around him? Why would the store be sent an image of a poster?

Maybe you're telling the truth but it certainly smells fishy.

1. I was in GW Norwich today - the PC faces the customers so they can mail order etc. The Blueshirt was grabbing people to register on line for the prize draw.

2. There is a Royal Navy Admiral who is security adviser to Gordon Brown. He left his TOP SECRET laptop on a train. Do you really think GW employees are incapable of doing this?

3. Possibly because it's cheaper and faster than glossy printing paper which you then have to distribute - the local shops just print an email. Or maybe just to confuse you?

You smell fishy.

Byeeeeee.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Don't get mad at me for pointing out how silly the idea of poster that says "Congratulations, you guessed correctly; the mystery box is "Space Hulk"" is.

Think about it. Would anyone earning a salary not be fired for producing advertising that lame? But like I said you could be right. The mystery box could even be 40k cereal.
    Have you failed to notice how much GW corporate identity and philosophy is aimed at teens beginners? The lowest common denominator? The bone questions the blue/red/black shirts are compelled to ask you when you walk through the door?

Most professionally executed advertising is lame, such as saying 'your pet is our passion' when blatantly our money is their passion. So why would some bearded hippy geek working for GW produce a killer ad campaign?

Your cynicism doth vex me mightily.

2. There is a Royal Navy Admiral who is security adviser to Gordon Brown. He left his TOP SECRET laptop on a train. Do you really think GW employees are incapable of doing this?

I'm bloody surprised they've managed to keep this underwraps, but your right GW employees arnt immune from being indiscreet.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Your cynicism doth vex me mightily. LMAO
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Angry

You know what I have noticed? If I posted on here that the world is round or the sky is blue, someone would jump on my back about the shade of blue or the earth not being exactly round....but more importantly...not one of these verbally abusive nay-sayers logs back on and apologizes when it turns out that what was posted was correct. I would really love to see "Hey man, I know I jumped down your throat with both feet when you said that Imperial Guard would be the next codex...sorry bout that, and I will eat my hat now." or something similar.

The guy just posted what he/his wife saw on a computer screen. Maybe it was a real upcoming announcement, maybe it was not...in either case he did not claim that he was certain that the box would contain Space Hulk. And the later contention that only rocket scientists work at GW stores, so the poster must be lying because no employee at a GW store could possibly make a mistake is even worse. I am offended that someone might read this thread and think that everyone on here is this rude.

In any case, I hope it is Space Hulk because I did not hold on to my original copy and would love to own it again.

Scout

Well you should see the GD Germany announcements a bit later on. UK staff get a nosey tomorrow morning at stores and I expect GW website will have it splashed all over it. - its still Space Hulk

PhilB

The truth is out there you just have to listen for it!
    Last edited by philbrad; 08-16-2009 at 02:21 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123