BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Mystery Box Announcement Poster Seen

I'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum, if not I apologise!

T'other day whilst mooching around in my local GW my Missus had the forethough to grab my shoulder and point at the PC Monitor. Upon it was an open copy of Photoshop with a poster stating "Congratulations, you guessed correctly; the mystery box is "Space Hulk"". Wording may have been different, but I noticed Space Hulk and Mystery Box and as I gasped with the knowledge the Emperor saw fit to grant me the GW employee looked around and angrily closed the program.

Unfortunately I've not had time to post this since that day, but for any who are desperate for confirmation I reckon that's the best we'll get before the announcement (oh ye of little patience, haha!).

Cheers,
    Rogue Trooper

Banned

Really?

I have to say I don't believe you at all.

What kind of store has a computer with its screen facing the customers? What kind of dumb employee would be viewing sensitive documents on the floor with people walking around him? Why would the store be sent an image of a poster?

Maybe you're telling the truth but it certainly smells fishy.

I appreciate the sheer luck of seeing the poster is mad, the employee was new (I'm aware of this) and the shop is fairly small, as all UK Games Workshops I've seen tend to be, so the computer is facing the store.

I'm regurgitating more information than I have myself; I saw the words, but not the program (my Missus noticed long before I stopped being gormless and looked as well). As to the poster, I presume it's linked to the store's promotion as they have a raffle: whoever guesses what is in the box will be allowed to have access to it the night prior to it's being released. Funnily enough I entered myself straight afterwards.

Believe what you wish but I'm afraid you've an inflated ego if you believe I'd lie purely to dupe you and a community. I thought BolS might be interested in knowing what I'd noticed, if you're not you're not and if you are you are. Make of it what you will!

Chaplain

I'll keep an eye out for this "poster" on the release day.

Could you possibly explain any images that may have been on this "poster"?

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Lies and misinformation! I sense Alpha Legion is behind it all....

Veteran-Sergeant

More importantly, in addition to the first relies comments, why on earth would a GW store have Photoshop on a computer?

And as mentioned, they wouldn't be sent a digital file, they are sent posters to put up, professionally printed etc. Besides, we only have to wait till Monday to find out what it is, Sunday evening for the GW email newsletter on it

But until then, I find this highly unbelievable, and from some of the comments made by my local black shirt, I'm actually not certain on Space Hulk any more.
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trooper View Post
    I'm afraid you've an inflated ego if you believe I'd lie purely to dupe you and a community.
    Don't get mad at me for pointing out how silly the idea of poster that says "Congratulations, you guessed correctly; the mystery box is "Space Hulk"" is.

Think about it. Would anyone earning a salary not be fired for producing advertising that lame? But like I said you could be right. The mystery box could even be 40k cereal.

Maybe he was making the poster to be inside the box, so when you opened it you knew exactly what it was.

Or the person could just be making a joke to get people excited. Retail work can be pretty boring ( I know)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Don't get mad at me for pointing out how silly the idea of poster that says "Congratulations, you guessed correctly; the mystery box is "Space Hulk"" is.

Think about it. Would anyone earning a salary not be fired for producing advertising that lame? But like I said you could be right. The mystery box could even be 40k cereal.
    Have you failed to notice how much GW corporate identity and philosophy is aimed at teens beginners? The lowest common denominator? The bone questions the blue/red/black shirts are compelled to ask you when you walk through the door?

Most professionally executed advertising is lame, such as saying 'your pet is our passion' when blatantly our money is their passion. So why would some bearded hippy geek working for GW produce a killer ad campaign?

Your cynicism doth vex me mightily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast