BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-Captain

I liked how they took the cool stuff out of 4th ed (Doctrines) and incorporated them into 5th ed rules, for a fraction of the 4th ed point cost.

Scratch that--not too happy about that. ;P

Though they have perhaps the best Commisar sculpt ever...

Veteran-Sergeant

So would I get in trouble for asking how crewed artillery works? Or do I just have to find someone with a copy of the right IA volume to figure that one out?
    Because really, the Hive Mind just wants to make friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugz4Genestealers View Post
    So would I get in trouble for asking how crewed artillery works? Or do I just have to find someone with a copy of the right IA volume to figure that one out?
    well shot in the dark here but I would assume that they work the same as normal artillery in 40k? With the gun being av10 and randomizing hits and stuff? I don't own any of the IA books tho so I'm really not sure if their rules are any different or if I'm just talking out of my *** at this point!
    letsagetabitarockin!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    well shot in the dark here but I would assume that they work the same as normal artillery in 40k? With the gun being av10 and randomizing hits and stuff? I don't own any of the IA books tho so I'm really not sure if their rules are any different or if I'm just talking out of my *** at this point!
    Nope, you've got it right. It's no different than any other artillery unit - see the main rulebook, page 55. The only difference is that unlike most artillery, the gun models in most Krieg siege regiment artillery units are immobile.

Veteran-Sergeant

So wait, what other crewed artillery models are there besides the ones for the Krieg regiments(or any other forgeworld range)?
    Because really, the Hive Mind just wants to make friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugz4Genestealers View Post
    So wait, what other crewed artillery models are there besides the ones for the Krieg regiments(or any other forgeworld range)?
    Woot I got it right!

As for other artillery minis/units I believe Ork Big Gunz(think thats what they are called) teams and the Thunder Fire cannon come to mind. Ironically IG don't have any. Also I don't think Eldar heavy support platforms count as artillery but I could be wrong too... But yeah there aren't many in the game really at the moment.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12