BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

with that many marines you could build 1000 pts of each (ba, sw, BT/DA)
    and have some vanilla mentors so the mentors could proxy but itd still be clear on what army your playing

so 1500 pts
    1000 pts of chosen army (SW) (= grey hunters/ bjorn/ fancy puppy stuff)
    500pts of mentors (tacs, devs, stuff thats in all SM lists )
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Battle-Brother

im starting a blood angels. as chaos. just to piss off my friend who hates chaos,and that i hate my chaos codex.. watch him cry when i use drop pods ,dreds that are librarians & not crazy,fast tanks,DOA & red thirst ..im sick of all the elite poster boy space marine getting all the cool s#!t

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by facelessone View Post
    im starting a blood angels. as chaos. just to piss off my friend who hates chaos,and that i hate my chaos codex.. watch him cry when i use drop pods ,dreds that are librarians & not crazy,fast tanks,DOA & red thirst ..im sick of all the elite poster boy space marine getting all the cool s#!t
    Do you hang out in cemeteries at night just for kicks?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Captain

I do the same thing (one custom chapter that can play as Dark Angels, Blood Angels, or vanilla). It works out great.

Go for it, I'd be thankful if I get to face different armies every time I play the same opponent

First-Captain

Count as is completely acceptable, as a paint scheme is just that paint, doesnt force you to use a book. Its like saying someones BA cant be green.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Count as is completely acceptable, as a paint scheme is just that paint, doesnt force you to use a book. Its like saying someones BA cant be green.
    So you don't mind playing against my Tau Empire, even though they are all Dark Eldar/Imperial Guard models?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Captain

As long as you can easily tell what everything is supposed to be, I really don't care what the base model is.

We've got a really cool Que'vesa army locally (humans who have joined the Tau empire). It's mostly Guard models but it is converted so it fits wysiwyg.

You could probably find a way to make DE counts-as Tau work. Maybe as DE who have stolen a bunch of Tau tech.

First-Captain

well given he was talking about marines which mainly only differ due to scheme....?
    For the Greater good.

I made my SM army to do just this.

My Assault Marines (without Jump Packs) are Blood Angels yesterday, Blood Claws today and Crusader Squads tomorrow.

One thing I do though. For the more powerful or special choices I use the real models (painted in my own colour-scheme, of course).
    I have bought actual Death Company marines and they are painted black, my Sanguinary Guard are "real" and painted gold and my Thunderwolf Cavalry are converted Blood Crushers (thanks Isotope99).
    I cannot imagine not buying some of the new Grey Knights and painting them up.

All of the above gives me two things; I get to collect and paint the new amazing models and nobody can accuse me of being cheap and screwing the hobby aspect over.

The funny thing is that while I have made it so that they CAN be used as any chapter, I actually haven't done so yet. I have only used them as vanilla marines and Dark Angels (pre-FAQ), never as Space Wolfs or Blood Angels. While I am certain that I will buy some of the new Grey Knight models (as mentioned above), I don't really see myself playing them. Just not my thing.
    Last edited by steelmage99; 01-21-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast