BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    well given he was talking about marines which mainly only differ due to scheme....?
    This is sorta my point.

At my store, when I find out what chapter a person's marines are supposed to be, I REFUSE to play games with them if they swamp armies.

I don't buy the BS that jsut because you own marines they can be any chapter. No, you pick one, you stay with it.

Like I said, most people would not play me in RL if I plopped down my Dark Eldar and said it was Orks.

Either all armies can do it, or none can.

Now, if I was in a gaming group where no one cared, than neither would I. But I don't see that happening, like, ever.

I don't see why a marine player with a 500$ army can chose between 5 separate armies while my 1200$ Dark Eldar army can only play,m Dark Eldar.

NOW.... I am NOT talking about converting. I have a friend who converted Orks into a Marine Army. In this case I am perfectly happy playing either Orks or Marines.

My issue is playing Marine players who feel the want/need to swap armies on a daily basis. No sir.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chapter-Master

I agree with Buffo on this one.

Being able to buy one army and have 5 codexes...7 if you decide you can play them as Grey Knights or Chaos Marines. And when Sister get released I wouldn't be suprised if some players start using marines as them as well

It isn't fair. But it is just another way of GW favouring their poster boys. And increasing sales in there biggest line..."Buy one army, get 7 free!" can't be far off.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

i think as long as someone proxies something that can be explained without saying "just close your eyes and imagine" i don't have a problem with it. But i also believe that intent goes a long way i.e. someone wants to try out a new SM codex with his nilla list that's fine, or they want to customise their khorne army into BA to play with some different units ok. But if said name player is going around with 3 army lists in his bag depending on who he meets at the store or group, just to get an edge on someone than i would be against the principle. In all honesty some people just don't have the money or understanding significant other (she's too good to me) i'm not going to rain down on them for not having six figures in the bank
    Own the skies, Own the battlefield

OH SIGH. People pretending a piece of plastic is something but can't be something else. Some people are just full of it. Here we go again, of someone trying to say how the hobby is suppose to work.

If you want to use your DE as Tau, go right ahead. If you want to use your Orks as SM, go right ahead.

Nobody, and I mean Nobody can tell you what to do. If anyone who does, this speaks more of their character than anything else.

Who the heck are you to say someone can't use their DE as Tau? I can't believe some of these people are worse than the Jocks in highschool who have picked on nerds. I still can't believe people think they are better than others just because of plastic toy soldiers.

Please show me in the BRB where you can't do this?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

I agree with HsojVvad. Why does anyone care? Who gives a #@%$ if the Marine player had a cheap and convenient way to play multiple armies? It really doesn't matter. It doesn't. This is a game, where we move around little lumps of plastic and roll dice. It's not that important, except for the having fun part. And if a Marine player is feeling like playing a different army, and has the means to maintain WYSIWYG to a reasonable level, why should anyone get mad at him for it? There is no reason. Well, ok, there's no good reason.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I agree with HsojVvad. Why does anyone care? Who gives a #@%$ if the Marine player had a cheap and convenient way to play multiple armies? It really doesn't matter. It doesn't. This is a game, where we move around little lumps of plastic and roll dice. It's not that important, except for the having fun part. And if a Marine player is feeling like playing a different army, and has the means to maintain WYSIWYG to a reasonable level, why should anyone get mad at him for it? There is no reason. Well, ok, there's no good reason.
    I don't get mad. I just don't play them. You picked Black Templars, play Black Templars.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

So you're fine with Proxies... as long as they follow the rules you make up?

First-Captain

w8 so my paint scheme forces me to play BT, well its a good thing they are finally good again. Otherwise Id of been using codex marines.
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    OH SIGH. People pretending a piece of plastic is something but can't be something else. Some people are just full of it. Here we go again, of someone trying to say how the hobby is suppose to work.

If you want to use your DE as Tau, go right ahead. If you want to use your Orks as SM, go right ahead.

Nobody, and I mean Nobody can tell you what to do. If anyone who does, this speaks more of their character than anything else.

Who the heck are you to say someone can't use their DE as Tau? I can't believe some of these people are worse than the Jocks in highschool who have picked on nerds. I still can't believe people think they are better than others just because of plastic toy soldiers.

Well, I'm by no means a competitive player and in my gaming group, we are quite laid back regarding WYSIWYG, but I think a great part of this hobby is collecting, painting and converting. I would find it disrespectful if my opponent showed up with a proxy army, time and time again. You say that nobody can tell him what to do, but if you don't have any opponents to game, that is quite a paradox.

Mutual respect for the hobby is important for me, if I am to engage myself in a game with another wargamer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post

well look at it like this: i spend hundreds of hours into a army- when a play someone i dont care that there army isnt nicely painted or converted, just as long as they have mad the effort. with TLOS and nice terrain 40k can be very cinematic. however that cinimatic feel is lost if im playing orks proxied by Mcdonalds toys and a can of irn bru!

as zerlon said its about respect.

/rant over

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast