BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Island of Blood Officially announced

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=11500028a[/url]

10th August

Mini rule book and 74 miniatures. Pretty good deal
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

Does that mean more miniatures than we have already seen?
    Blood Angels: W8 D7 L4
    Skaven: W0 D 1 L0

Skaven 40 clanrats +2 man weapon team + 2 rat ogres + packmaster+2 characters =47
    High Elves 10 sea guard+10 swordmasters + 5 cavalry + mage + griffon =27

47+27 =74 so I think we've seen everything we are going to.

ya know not to complain but that almost seems too soon. I was gung ho to get the big hardcover book because I didn't think we'd see this thing until October. Oh wells. The big books pretty sweet anyway
    letsagetabitarockin!

Brother-Captain

It says advance order on th 10th, but I didn't see an actual release date. Is it still 6 weeks from that for advance orders, thus mid - Sept?

John M.

First-Captain

10 spearmen just seem...weak--can't even take advantage of the spear bennie, much less the elven spear bennie.

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    10 spearmen just seem...weak--can't even take advantage of the spear bennie, much less the elven spear bennie.
    Yeah I mean the HE contents do look cool but I cant help but think that they get the short end as far as buying multiple boxes of this thing. I mean how many Griffin Princes are you going to need?

Where as a skaven player would easily be motivated to buy like 4 of them and not have much trouble finding a use for everything in their half.
    letsagetabitarockin!

First-Captain

Indeed.

I was really hoping they'd have 20 spearmen. Would really make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Indeed.

I was really hoping they'd have 20 spearmen. Would really make it worthwhile.
    I mean I'm sure most HE players will buy at least one but I dont think it will be like AoBR where you see entire ork and SM armies built around 3 or more boxes.

Still looks cool and who doesn't like relatively cheap plastic swordmasters to build a ridiculously huge unit out of. The 40 clan rats is a awesome for Skaven players who wont have to buy a bajillion $22 boxes of 10 clan rats and go through the sanity pushing process of assembling all of them!
    letsagetabitarockin!

I'm planning on buying a bunch, will use excess griffons for conversions and scenery, already drawn up some plans for a High Elf Griffon monument and an Empire Griffon Gate. But, I would have liked 20 Seaguard too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast