BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Imperial Armour 1?

Hi all,

I have been looking into buying the Imperial Armours and wanted to start with number 1.

I went on to forge Worlds website and found that its not listed on the site. does this mean its becoming out of print now then?

I it is still listed on the GW site but thats it, could this mean i need to be fast about buying it?

Thanks
    Ac

I'm not sure of its availability, but it's somewhat obsolete now that Forgeworld has made updated rules for it freely available: [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Downloads.html[/url]

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    I'm not sure of its availability, but it's somewhat obsolete now that Forgeworld has made updated rules for it freely available: [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Downloads.html[/url]
    Indeed, the rules contained in IA Volume 1 are available for free (the same goes for Volume 2), the only reason to buy the book now is for the extensive (and in my opinion excellent) background material it also contains. It is up to you of course whether this is worth the rather steep price tag. Given that it's now essentially being offered free, I feel somewhat more comfortable in pointing out that the original book is also available in its entirety online if you know where/how to look...
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Battle-Brother

The reason i want the book is for the background in it, which i have heard great things about.
    AC

Battle-Brother

I'd start with IA3, but it is quite easy to find them for free, If you just want to reference them, from 3 on they have tons of cool background and campaigns. 1 and 2 are ok, but out dated and the updates are free. They have vehicle specs, but not a ton of background.

Quote Originally Posted by ac4155 View Post
    The reason i want the book is for the background in it, which i have heard great things about.
    AC
    The background is amazing! I have all the way to book 5, plus book 8 part 2, IA masterclass (signed!) and Apocalypse 1. The picture references in the first 3 books are amazing and the stories are good too! (I got mine just for the art reference because I do commission painting, and they've been an invaluable resource)

I also know that somewhere floating around is a pdf copy of them. Maybe someone can help you locate it.
    Commission painting & minis currently 4 sale: www.redstickstudio.weebly.com Our Studio Blog: www.redstickstudio.wordpress.com

Scout

AC, I have a copy of IA1 that I haven't used in years, and probably never will again. I've sent you a PM about it.

KFG

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by ac4155 View Post
    Hi all,

I have been looking into buying the Imperial Armours and wanted to start with number 1.

I went on to forge Worlds website and found that its not listed on the site. does this mean its becoming out of print now then?

I it is still listed on the GW site but thats it, could this mean i need to be fast about buying it?

Thanks
    Ac
    I have PDFs of both Imperial Armour Volume one (imperial) and two (space marine and inquisition), as well as teh Imperial Armour II covering Orks and Eldar If you look around, you might be able to get the same PDFs online. I know my local GW store has them available on the shelf. The latest one is the only volume that they do not have - Orks vs Space Marines. I think it has grot tankettes in it.

The downloadable updates mention earlier cover everything you need to know to use the earlier Imperial Armour tanks, and other craft for Forgeworld 40K stuff. Oh do not forget the Eratta and frequently asked questions are downloadable.

I have to agree with others here that while there are some cool things to see in the first two IA books, you'll get more mileage out of the later books. More fluff, and other stuff that will not be outdated (not soon anyway).