BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Deathguard - Supreme Command - 1000 pts/50P - BRUTAL 1st turn assault

After watching the battle report for Chaos vs Astra Militarum I got inspired to try and build an HQ oriented list and I believe I came up with quite a monster of a list as it will nearly guarantee 1st turn assaults every time without further delay here is my Franken Baby

Supreme Command Detachment - 1cp
    HQ 3-5

Daemon Prince with Wings - 212 pts
    Hellforged Sword
    Smite + Warptime

Daemon Prince with Wings - 215 pts
    Daemonic Axe
    Smite + Warptime

Chaos Lord with Jump Pack - 106 pts
    Lightning Claws

Sorcerer Terminator - 158 pts
    Force Axe
    Combi-bolter
    Smite + Warptime + Infernal Gaze

Sorcerer Terminator - 158 pts
    Force Axe
    Combi-bolter
    Smite + Warptime + Infernal Gaze

Elites 0-1
    01 Helbrute - 139 pts
    Multimelta
    Helbrute fist

Lord of War 0-1

Total Roster = 988
    Power Level = 50

How the list works?

Deploy everything about 4-6" from eachother except for the Terminator Sorcerers whom will be Teleporting in 9" away from the enemy. In reality you just need to keep the Helbrute infront of close to a Daemon Prince and the Chaos Lord side by side of the other prince.

Turn 1
    MOVEMENT PHASE
    Daemon Princes and Chaos Lord move 12" up, Helbrute 8"up, Sorcerers Teleport in directly infront of Daemon Prince within 3"

At this point you should have Sorcerer #1 9" away from enemy unit, Daemon prince #1 within 3" of this sorcerer and Chaos Lord within 3" of this DP.

Sorcerer #2 10" away from enemy unit, Daemon Prince #2 within 3" of this sorcerer and Helbrute within 3" of Daemon Prince #2.

PSYCHIC PHASE
    It's time. To warp time! If the enemy has no psykers of their own then it's all up to the dice gods and how they might favor you.

Daemon Prince #1 casts warp time on Chaos Lord. Chaos Lord moves another 12" and should now be right at the gates of the enemy's deployment zone assuming you started 24" away.

Sorcerer #1 casts warp time on DP #1 and now he too will be at the enemy's deployment zone.

Daemon Prince #2 casts warp time on Helbrute whom should be within assault distance of an enemy.

Sorcerer #2 casts warp time on DP #2 and now he too will be at the enemy's deployment zone.

Now you have your entire army within assault range right off the bat. May the dice gods be with you and papa nurgle share his blessings with all.

Any thoughts?
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Initiate

Awesome list fluff wise, and I'm sure it would do fine against assault armies at this points level, but I think it would really struggle against shooty armies.

Very very few units, which will allow your opponent to focus fire considerably. If your opponent gets to choose deployment, they would probably choose Hammer&Anvil and hug the board edge to be much greater than 24" away, or deploy chaff units 24" away which are just going to fall back anyway if they survive, and leave you high and dry. Factor this with their ability to re-roll the seize dice, and your gambit of a first turn charge really diminishes because there's so many avenues to get punished by shooting.

Some food for thought, but it's a list I'd definitely like to see play!

It sure looks like a fun list, but IMHO it depends too much on the dice gods... and not having any of your units die. Since if the enemy manages to destroy any of your psykers, your whole plan falls apart. Maybe not something I'd take to a tournament, but it'd make for one hell of a battle report video.