BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scratch built reaver titan

Let me know what you think.

[url]http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af214/Frost451/Imperial%20reaver%20titan/[/url]

Chapter-Master

My thoughts?

Probably one of the best scratch builds i've ever seen. Looks awesome dude. How long did it take?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    My thoughts?

Probably one of the best scratch builds i've ever seen. Looks awesome dude. How long did it take?
    It took 3 weeks, I have it up for sale on ebay. If it doesn't sell I'm going to add more details and banners and keep it LOL.

first great job mate looks real good.

a couple of questions, what materials you used ad did you use the reaver template that is floating around on the internet.

I didnt use a template. Just good old trial and error. Its mdae of foam, cardboard, rocket tubes and plastic shampoo bottles.

Veteran-Sergeant

Great work, made me do a double take when I saw the photo list.

The only (constructive) criticism I could give is that the carapace could be a little wider at the front and the head a little smaller to improve the proportions from the front facing (and the rear looks pretty close to spot on).

Tops work

Battle-Brother

Default huge

It's freakin huge.

When you say huge do you mean bigger then its supposed to be? Also if it doesn't sell what other wepons should I make? I could replace the missile launcher on top with vortex missile, or maybe a vulcan mega bolter. The arm guns are just to good to replace 96" range, six shots, and strength d they eat land raiders and even warhound titans for breakfast.

Great looking titan!!!

I don't know if it is bigger than it is meant to be / than the FW version is but I think the bigger the titan, the better the titan!

What were the main materials used?

It is made of high density foam, rocket tubes, PVC pipe joints, plastic Christmas ornaments, foam board, and cardboard. Also I used tubing from a sink sprayer and glue sticks for the hoses. And lots and lots of hot glue. The eagle on the top was made by printing off the Imperial Aquila and gluing it to paper then cutting it out with a hobby knife. Also I made the end of the gun barrels from wooden spools that had to be drilled out. Also the back armor sections were cut from a plastic bowl and the leg armor came from shampoo bottles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast