BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Wraithseer,
    Farseer with 3 Divination powers (although did toy with Telepathy at the end....might keep that)
    9 Avengers in Serpent
    5 Avengers
    6 Pathfinders
    2 Hornets, 2 Scatter Lasers each
    Wraithlord with Lance
    2 Warp Hunters

I did get a bit lucky in my matches

I'd have never beaten the 3 Stormraven blood angel list, nor would I have managed to best the deamons with 5 flying MC's including Fateweaver.

Also....Mindshackle Scarabs and 4 fliers is a bent Necron army (guess what won :P)
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Of course MSS and Flyers are an awesome combo.

Screw you opponent!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Had my wraithseer is combat with 2 lords and 3 warriors for 4 turns (he wasn't very good at wounding himself).

By all accounts he should have just walked through the squad in 1-2 rounds of combat. Instead he failed everything and eventually lost. I don't think i'd mind MSS if they were a bit more balenced, or just in round 1 of combat.

But something you're going to fail on average dice that virtually guarentees the enemy a win? Thats not cool

That's the Necrons, they've been around for billions of years, they have mastered technology and mortality, of course they can screw with your mind. Plus, it's one of our only defences in CC, y'know, being I2 and all...

Chapter-Master

My Tau are I2.

And are lower toughness. And armour save. And don't have a magic get back up roll.

Necrons can shoot better than anyone else. They are allowed to have weaknesses!

That's because Tau aren't in the water, if Tau were back in the water they'd be unstoppable!
    We do have a weakness, it's called "Flayed Ones".

EDIT: Flayed Ones are actually spectacular! I take it all back.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 08-06-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Chapter-Master

Been on a painting rush recently, exacerbated by a few days off work ill.

Our newly formed gaming club has also decided to start a Necromunda campaign. So that was the motivation to get my gang finished!

Happy with these guys especially as it was only an afternoons work for all of them, bar the 2 i'd already done.

Bought a few extra randoms off ebay recently so build it up (a gang only comes with 2 Juves...and i want more than that!) should be coming soon.

I've also recently finished a new Farseer converion (bought a headless one on ebay for cheap) and stripped and repainted my bonesinger. Photos to follow soonish....

Next thing to do I think is strip my Eldrad and Yriel down and redo them with more experience.

Chapter-Master

So my thread comes full circle. The Wraithlord from post 1 has been repaired, retouched and modified into my current list. Just need to touch up the marine on the base (and hopefully put the ultramarine logo on the right way round this time)

Also got some new paintwork on some HQ folk

My stripped and repainted Bonesinger (these guys still go for £30 on ebay)

New Warlock (well old....hes still carrying a Laspistol) from ebay. At this point i need to do more Warlocks, think my Warlocks are outnumbered by my Farseers.

Speaking of Farseers...

Bought a headless farseer on the cheap on eBay, seeing as its one of the bodies i didn't have. Converted her up to be a helmetless Farseer with aspare DE head i had

Chapter-Master

Long time no post. Not been feeling in a painty mood for a bit, and new games have been keeping me away from paint. But just got a tasty FW order in with a few new bits, and need (another) Wraithlord for a comp in October so will be returning to my brushes soon.

Prince Yriel, Eldrad and Asurmen all went into the pot of Nail Varnish remover this week, so now everything in my spare room smells of strawberries (cheap scented remover). They're nearly done now, so will be on the board to be redone soon. I also snagged a few new Necromunda guys to do of the cheap on eBay.

Also got hold of this guy off eBay as well. Considering the model is only 2 years younger than me apparantly, its not suprising i don't have one. Hes already gone in for stripping, but who ever had painted hadn't used a primer so the paint all peeled off like snake skin after less than 10 minutes in the solution.

In the near future I'll also be buying the Dark Vengeance box set, and keeping everything except the Bikes. Get myself a nice little allied marine or chaos division

Brother-Sergeant

Great take on the bone singer, in my opinion a very easy model to do wrong however when done right is simply sublime. I also like the conversion on the farseer, however maybe get rid of the bones in her hair? unless of course it fallows some kind of theme in your army.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast