BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Getting a friend into Warhammer

I have a friend getting into Warhammer 40K with the new edition, and I got the intro armies so he can learn the basics, but as for which army he should get, are there any suggestions as to which ones are better for new players?

Failing that does anyone have a link to some fluff so he can get some easy reading on the various races to make a decision?

Thanks

Chaplain

I would have thought that was easy. The post suggests that you have played before so if you have the hard copy of the 7th Ed rules you should have left the other two books buried somewhere pull them out and show them to your mate. All the fluff in the world on that one. Also the new Indexes have multiple armies in them, Xenos index 1 equals all iterations of the Eldar, the Dark Eldar and Necrons. No 2 has Nids Tau and like that. If you already have the new game you will no doubt by now have noticed that you will need the new index books (Read multi codex) and have a look at that with him. Finally just go onto the GW website and link to Warhammer Community

Scout

Might I suggest...

[url]http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=3951[/url]