BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Kustom Ork Vehicles

For purposes of 1. Playing at a GW store and 2. Playing at a tournament, how much of model must be from GW products? I've got an Ork army, an abundance of kids toys that look cool, and the desire to make vehicles, but I just wanted to see if there was some kind of rules against using non-GW bits. Everything I've made so far is 30-50% non-GW parts.

Thanks!

Chaplain

I would imagine it depends on your local GW store and who is running your tournaments. I had a 1/35th Semovente (Italian SPG) that I used as a base for an Ork war wagon. I put grots all over it, built on some big shoota side sponsons and put orks in the cockpit. Later I added a tray made out of cardboard and sprue struts to carry the boys in the back.

For a long time the GW boys were OK with it on the basis that there were not a lot of the big Ork vehicles available at the time. But these days things like armies on parade have to be 100% GW stock. As for tournaments, just check with the organisers first. As long as what you had built was recognisable on the table as what it portrayed I usually had no grief.

We built this before they produced the plastic kit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mork Stompa.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	306.2 KB 
ID:	19812