BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Adeptus Custodes

Default Most disappointing Mini.

I wonder which model or part disappointed the GW community when it was released? Gw has released some brilliant models in its time, but its inevitable that there have been a few duds along the way

I've heard a fair few people criticise the more recent plastic daemonettes, and the new daemon prince isn't all that great.

For me tho the prize lies with the Cadian Helmet, its lack of a brim just seems...wrong. The old metal helemets were much better. I hated them from the moment i saw them, which was unfortunate as i wanted a cadian army and the Guard was crying out for plastic cadians for years.

So have at you- which model or part most disappointed you when it came out and why?
    More Necromunda please.

Librarian

Nagash. Sweet Mercy, Nagash. I was about fourteen, and didn't really like Fantasy. Then , White Dwarf had this epic, epic description of Nagash's origins. It was amazing. Next month, the mini would be released. I invested in some skeletions, actually buying an army on the strength of this story, awaiting the model of this uber-necromancer... then they released what can only be described as the worst model GW have ever, ever done. Words cannot do justice to this explosive rectal prolapse of a miniature. I was awaiting a three-inch high Greater Daemon of Undeath, and what I got was a crossdressing juggalo. How / why gary Morley got to keep his job as a "sculptor" afterwards is beyond me.

Behold: [url]http://www.coolminiornot.com/213681[/url]

Also, every model for the Necromunda line ever. Having awaited it after being a massive fan of the "Confrontation" game that preceded it, every single one of those cack-handed turkeys is a disgrace. From their massive hands to the total lack of knowledge of basic human anatomy, not one of those models is worth owning. I love Necromunda, I just use Infinity miniatures now. Soooo much nicer.

Agree totally that the Cadian helmet is godawful. This is not a problem if you've discovered the wonderful Pig-Iron miniatures replacement heads.

However, if we're going with biggest disappointment of all?

No female Guardsmen / Marines.

Seriously, what the hell is that about? I want my powered-armoured Vasquez! I want Buffy Summers in Terminator armour! I want Faith leading my Cadians. I want Willow Rosenberg as my Primaris Psyker. I want Cameron Baum and Catherine Weaver as Advisors. The fact that there's not one single female Guardsman or Marine is shameful. Anyone who quotes the Marine fluff that "all marines are male", well, fair enough. You enjoy the company of men so much, good for you; why can't I have female Marines (who don't wear corsets)? Considering how all-inclusive the 40K canon is, you think there'd be some by now.

And as for female Guardsmen, what "every Cadian can strip a lasgun by age five" except the 51% of the population who make up the girls? Where's my female grunts?

Yeah. Bit of a personal bugbear. At least Privateer Press get it right.

Brother-Captain

Agreed, Malton. There really isn't a good reason why female guard models are so rare (only 1-2 oop models, as far as I'm aware). Eldar and Tau could use a few female models, too, at least as Forgeworld options.

I also really dislike the new plastic Horrors of Tzeentch. Too cartoony, and they had so much potential to be awesome.
    Last edited by Lerra; 08-01-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Adeptus Custodes

Nagash is pretty terrible,

the necromunda minitures on the otehr hand are very close to my heart particularly the escher models (which could be used as female guard) ok the goliath and spyrer models are rubbish and van saar aren't much better but the rest of the range is up there with anything games workshop has ever done. Ever.
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

I agree with Lerra, the new Horrors are U-G-L-Y. Feed the person who sculpted that to the Squigs.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

My 2 cents

Khan from the current SM codex- the fact they didn't even make it so you could pop his torso on a biker is ridiculous.

The old medal Venerable Dread was horrible.

The entire Catachan and Dark Eldar ranges.

The new possessed CSM look good, but they just look too "slick" for the range. I can't explain. I much prefer the old metal ones.

The old ork bikers/trukks/buggies etc. where the drivers are half the size of a regualr ork boy.

Nagash, and old school Lemartes for sure..

Scout

The Plastic Daemonettes are beautiful! They are lovely! Slaanesh makes such pretty toys!

But ugly models? Daemon Princes. If I wanted a giant Chaos Space Marine I'd probably be playing CSM and not Chaos Daemons. I like that the new one has many parts to do conversions, but didn't see anything particularly Slaaneshi, more's the pity. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with GWs models! They make some of the finest around!

--- Dreg

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Mortifer View Post
    Nagash, and old school Lemartes for sure..
    That Nagash mini is pretty epic fail. And who can forget old Lemartes with his Mardi Gras Crozus!

The new Demonette minis have been one of the few that I feel are a step down from their predecessors.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chaplain

The recent Chaos Lord on Steed. It is just so static. If they had made the horse somewhat dynamic in its pose, it would be a definite purchase for me.

Basically all the Dark Elves look like their faces have been microwaved, in my opinion.

DT.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast