BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Hmmm, I can't really think of any off hand, im not a great fan pf the daemonette models but then again none of the Slaanesh stuff ever appealed to me so I'm not really bothered.
    Also I like the possessed models, yes the armour's mutated because the daemon inhabits the body of the the possessed marine and the daemon's mutating influence leads the armour itself to twist and change, and in that process some of the armour does indeed fuse with the daemon/marine, remember that the daemon doesn't distinguish where the marine ends and the armour begins, especially seeing as the two are attached to each other.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by BlindGunn View Post
    Guess I'm strange. I LIKED most of the old Dark Eldar stuff (except the Mandrakes and Grotesques).
    You are not alone. But the Archon with the Agoniser is a pretty bad sculpt - his female counterpart therefore ist a beauty with the coolest haircut in the 40K universe

The 3rd Ed. Deamonettes were ugly as warp with their big crab-like-claws.
    Last edited by Archon; 08-24-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Chapter-Master

And i'm gonna be really controversial and say it.

I cannot stand the new Sanguinor model.

All that man is doing is puffing out his chest and shouting "look at my shiny man nipples!". I really realy hate that model. Were i to do a BA army (unlikely), i'd make my own out of sanguinary guard and something else...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by cheesyfluff View Post
    Even in the warzones of the 41st millenium a woman has to look good!

Either that or the sculptor is a 14 year old boy!
    Gee, I wonder which one it is, considering how pretty much all female minis look? Yeah, I'm going with the 'maturity of a 14 year old' here.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    All that man is doing is puffing out his chest and shouting "look at my shiny man nipples!". I really realy hate that model. Were i to do a BA army (unlikely), i'd make my own out of sanguinary guard and something else...
    I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it's not good by any stretch of the imagination.

IG RoughRiders.
    I really like the idea of humans from less technically adept planets still being required to provide their quota to the Empire and sending their best cavalry.

Except all we have are terrible horse sculpts and stupid mongol hats. Lame.

Mycroft

I think that the obliterators are a seriously ugly lump of fail, I can't buy them just for the crappy leg poses alone, not to mention the woeful upper body and arms, marshmallow I say!!
    I still use my old models, wrong, and too small (they are based on 40mm however) but so much better.
    I'd buy new Oblits in a second if'n they didn't suck.

Librarian

My opinions:

- Lack of female Guard models. My regiment is an equal opportunity army, dammit.
    - The new Straken model (wish it was the pose from his art pic in the codex)
    - the new plastic Daemonettes. My god they are terrible IMO. I got into several debates with a GW redshirt about this. Well, it was more just my voicing my contempt for the new models and his saying "nah man".
    "Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."

Battle-Brother

I personally don't like the Bretonnian Damsels. I know they kind of fit the fluff and all but in an army full of heavily armoured knights i have some bint in a ball gown and pointy hat sitting sideways on her horse! At least have her casting or riding like she means it.

Other than that i agree with the Nagash model.

Librarian

I think that the obliterators are a seriously ugly lump of fai
    I had COMPLETELY forgotten those things. What an utter atrocity (and not in the way they're supposed to be). They really couldn't be any worse, and they're so outrageously expensive too! I'd just get the Fantasy Flight "Doom" Boardgame and use the Mancubi from that instead. Lovely sculpts. (Plus you can use the Cyberdemons as Daemon Princes, and the Hell Knights as Chaos Ogryns.)

I don't get why the hate for the new Daemonettes; the old ones were just as cack-handed. At least the new ones have the awesome flowing hair. They could do with being a bit more "Hellraiser", but you know, they'll do.

The new Horrors aren't great; they're just not Chaotic enough.

All that man is doing is puffing out his chest and shouting "look at my shiny man nipples!"
    Isn't that the definition of most Space Marines? In all seriousness, I do like the Sanguinor sculpt; I just wish it was plastic, because those metal wings are just too damn heavy.

Howabout the lame excuses for Greater Daemons? Great Unclean Ones have terrible sculpts, either frog-face or the What-the-hell-were-they-thinking tongue/vomit thingy option. Let us also not forget the Keeper of Secrets. Nothing says overindulgence like a cow-headed, crab-clawed beastie with overpronounced nipples and one hand giving you the shocker. Yeesh.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast