BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do you think that DE will be the new popular cheese on the block?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 24.19%
  • Maybe

27 43.55%
  • No

20 32.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think we'll hear a ton of whining about how broken/chessy it is.... at least until the GK codex hit, then it will be the broken/chessy army.

In my opinion Mech Guard/Leafblower is the the ONLY cheese list out there, and it really doesn't work unless you go to 2000-2500 pts.

My two cents.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Suttobs View Post
    at least until the GK codex hit, then it will be the broken/chessy army.
    And it'll be about frikin time
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I think that the new DE codex will be considered cheesy because it is going to play different than any other army out there. They will be even more mobile than regular eldar with, if the rumours are right, some very wierd rules. As of know they are pretty rediculous with a standard ard boyz list with 20 raiders and 94034038340953480548 dark lances. I'm sure they are going to tone DE in that sense, while making the majority of the codex more playable, so you stop seeing a single DE build.

I'm sure they are going to be very good, I mean if theyre not, the last few DE fans I fear will kill themselves.

However, it would be very Dark Eldar ish to torture their fans with the release of a PDF....

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Suttobs View Post
    I think we'll hear a ton of whining about how broken/chessy it is.... at least until the GK codex hit, then it will be the broken/chessy army.
    Agree - some people will go "witch crazy" for a while and then GK will come out making their invulnerable saves mostly irrelevant against that codex.

Within a few months balance will be restored.

Brother-Sergeant

Cool

My cardboard skimmers are doing their best to console you on how overpowered I am.

Edit: Or potentially will be.

Veteran-Sergeant

I dont care how the army itself plays, all I know is that I better get some special character goodness like Mephiston or I swear to GW I will throw myself down on the floor of the nearest store and whine and cry like a spoiled little 3 year old who is up way past nap time!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorSoB View Post
    I dont care how the army itself plays, all I know is that I better get some special character goodness like Mephiston or I swear to GW I will throw myself down on the floor of the nearest store and whine and cry like a spoiled little 3 year old who is up way past nap time!!!!!!
    Won't do you any good!

1) Closest Store might not be a GW store so they won't have any idea what you're screaming about. ("Cleanup required in Aisle 5 between TV Dinners and Ice Cream Products...")

2) Already lots of screaming, whining, sobbing gamers all over the GW store floors - they won't notice the difference for a while! ("Where are my CHAOS Dwarves?!?!?" "When are the bringing back Man O War?!?!?!" "You changed the tint of my paints AGAIN!!!")

Default Overpowered? No Cheesy? Yes

I think every S3/T3 army with low armour saves on top will always grapple with a fragility that is difficult to completely overcome, even with a shiny new codex, lots of insane gear and special rules, and a truckload of corporate pressure to sell the the line like crazy.

Dark Eldar will continue to be a delicate army. They will have tons of sicks weapons and weird hand to hand wargear... but they will not suddenly dominate the table. I expect the DE codex to be a long awaited 400% improvement to the Dark Eldar. Players will be happy, but I don't think there will be too much whining and crying from the opponents of the new DE.

Librarian

I voted for the maybe... Who knows what will happen?
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Brother-Sergeant

I imagine they are going to seem bad right at first. Once people figure them out they wil probably take their fair share of whoopins'. That is, unless their rules get changed to the point they are virtually a different army...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast