BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
    Well Dragoon, you've convinced me as far as Pit of Shades goes, but The Dwellers Below doesn't use a template. In looking at this more, considering that rider(s) and monster are separate for purposes of wounds from shooting and close combat, I would test for each of them on their respective Strength. This would jive with the "they can be unhorsed" statement on page 105.

Yeah, yeah, I've done a 180, but hey...one can change one's mind.

Essayons.
    Essayons, I think you've got it right. The way I interpret it, is that if you are shooting at a ridden monster, then per the shooting rules you randomize to see where the shots go. If you use a template, then you do as has been discussed before. And with direct damage spells, such as The Dwellers Below, it says every model in the unit. So, I would interpret as you do, that both the rider and the monster take a test on their own characteristic. You just have to hope they both pass.
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
    Well Dragoon, you've convinced me as far as Pit of Shades goes, but The Dwellers Below doesn't use a template. In looking at this more, considering that rider(s) and monster are separate for purposes of wounds from shooting and close combat, I would test for each of them on their respective Strength. This would jive with the "they can be unhorsed" statement on page 105.

Yeah, yeah, I've done a 180, but hey...one can change one's mind.

Essayons.
    Sorry again....but hey in a good way

Look closely at dwellers below....it does not use a template, nor is it a shooting attack therefore it does not follow the rule exceptions on pg 105, the spell specifically states it affects EVERY model in the unit.
    Yes the rider and the monster are considered a unit but pg 104 states they are treated as a SINGLE MODEL.
    Therefore they will test at the highest strength available for the now single model.

Veteran-Sergeant

This thread keeps blowing my mind and changing my view on this lol.

Okay, so let's do a summary.

1. If being shot at, randomize per the shooting rules.

2. If it's a template, both rider and monster are hit and affected.

3. If it's Dwellers below, then they are treated as a single model and you use the highest Strength available.

Sound right?

I'm glad we all cleared this up lol.

Edit: If this is correct, then the rider and the monster both die if they are hit with The Dwellers Below and they fail the test since they are treated as one model.
    Last edited by DarkAngelHopeful; 08-13-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: After Thought
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelHopeful View Post
    This thread keeps blowing my mind and changing my view on this lol.

Okay, so let's do a summary.

1. If being shot at, randomize per the shooting rules.

2. If it's a template, both rider and monster are hit and affected.

3. If it's Dwellers below, then they are treated as a single model and you use the highest Strength available.

Sound right?

I'm glad we all cleared this up lol.

Edit: If this is correct, then the rider and the monster both die if they are hit with The Dwellers Below and they fail the test since they are treated as one model.
    Yes.....hey you gotta take the good with the bad-lol. Suks for a old blood riding a carnosaur because technically he passes on anything but a 6 just like the carnosaur, so I would love for them to be seperate in my case

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12