BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Air compressorto spray gun adapting

Might be a little off topic, so applogies if that's the case.

Here's the thing:

I have the GW spray gun, currently powered by canned air. I recently picked up an air compressor of the large, shed variety - the sort of thing used to power nail guns and the like. Does anyone know of a way (if possible?) to power the spray gun from this compressor?
    The main output port of the compressor is a female bayonet type quick-connector. It has it's own pressure regulator fo output pressure, but its not accurate - max output is 10 Bars, and i read somewhere that most sprayguns/airbrushes run under 1 bar pressure.
    I could probably dial the compressor output to about 1 bar, and was thinking of a second in-line regulator/water trap to drop the pressure to useable levels. Would this work? Has anyone tried this, or done anything similar?

TIA...

You have the right idea already.

Yes, a separate regulator is needed as is a moisture trap. These can be connected together and add a quick connect fitting to the inlet. On the outlet of the regulator/ filter You will need a piece of threaded pipe and an adapter (pipe thread to can thread) to connect the hose to. Most places that sell airbrushes should have the adapter and the threaded pipe from a hardware store.

When you buy the regulator make sure it will adjust to the right pressure range. Just because the pressure gauge reads from 1-10 does not mean it can be set to that range.