BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout

Default Your moment of glory?

What is the greatest, most glorified, and heroic, moment you have ever had in war gaming? What kind of insurmountable odds did you overcome for victory? What unit did you have annihilate your opponent’s entire army single handedly? Share your tales of glory here!

My most recent came in 40k when my Ironclad Dreadnought emerged from his drop pod and proceeded to wreck merry hell with the forces of Chaos. Singlehandedly, it destroyed a ten man squad of traitors and their Rhino, burned and smashed through ten Berserkers and their Rhino, castrated a Defiler, and if the game had continued beyond turn five, he would have likely trampled a Lord and a Vindicator as well. It overmatched everyone it faced except the Skull Champion with a Power Fist and the Defiler. Still, a four to one return on its points is impressive. It definitely earned a back banner and a name after that.

Later

First-Captain

Biggest moment of glory: 2nd ed. Eldar guardian (with lasgun no less) beating a SM Term in close combat. (when all he needed to save was to roll 3+ on 2d6).

Latest stupid moment of glory--warlock single handedly tying up a squad of burna boyz in assault for 3 turns. If he had just died, I could've counter shot the unit to bits, but noo....

Fly Lord

3rd Edition: Plasma gunner "Rico Suave" (a plastic Necromunda Cawdor juve) press ganged into the Imperial Gaurd loses his entire squad. Alone in a small piece of woods rico steadies his rattled nerves, levels his plasmagun and in 3 successive turns blows up 2 fully loaded wave serpents and all occupants, then guns down Jain Zar....

Needless to say, to this day his little Cawdor vest is adorned with three crossed Alaitoc sword kill markers.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    3rd Edition: Plasma gunner "Rico Suave" (a plastic Necromunda Cawdor juve) press ganged into the Imperial Gaurd loses his entire squad. Alone in a small piece of woods rico steadies his rattled nerves, levels his plasmagun and in 3 successive turns blows up 2 fully loaded wave serpents and all occupants, then guns down Jain Zar....

Needless to say, to this day his little Cawdor vest is adorned with three crossed Alaitoc sword kill markers.
    Now that's some bragging rights when/if lil' Rico ever makes it back to Necromunda...

Brother-Sergeant

Apocalypse. As Marneus Calgar, the Masters of the Chapter and a ten man Honor Guard squad are rolling up towards my side of the field in a Land Raider Crusader, Commander Dante comes down from the high heavens and single handedly stops their advance...With a Vortex Grenade.

Librarian

Also in Apoc: my friend who played Chaos had summoned An'ggrath who was wrecking my team's forces. After bringing him down to 4 wounds through Bring it Down ordered HWTs, I saw Colonel Straken and his squad nearby, in charge range. My team all said I was mad, but I did it anyway - Straken's team charged the bloodthirster lord. The command squad were cut down, leaving only the badass Colonel. He attacked - all 5 hit, all 5 wounded, and my friend failed all 5 Invul saves.

Colonel Straken had brought down An'ggrath. Everyone was stunned. In my head I imagined an awesome synch-kill style animation like in DoW, set to Eye of the Tiger.
    "Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."

Latest moment of glory? Cutting down Saint Celestine in close combat with a Crisis Suit Commander.

Greatest moment of glory? One Storm Guardian holding off an entire squad of Terminators for 4 turns.

Battle-Brother

5th Edition. My Dark Angels against my Friends Ultramarines 1500 point game.

Last move of the game he had me 1 objective to none (it was a bloody battle!) i had 1 Heavy bolter Tactical Marine in range of the 1 Marine he had left on the objective. 2 shots hit, 1 wounded. 3+ and he won, he rolled a 1 and i scraped a draw.

Going against me was probably Azrael on his jetbike being reduced to 1 wound by 5 Ratlings in close combat.

Veteran-Sergeant

A few years ago I was playing at an event where a mission involved picking up and keeping the most tokens on the table.

At the end I won despite having just a CSM raptor and a biker left trying to hide behind a low wall compared to my opponent who had two-thirds of his SM army left.

The morale - remember to play the mission.

Adeptus Custodes

Back in 3rd edI had a five man scout squad infiltrate into cover. got first turn and managed to get lucky on terrain roll- they assaulted and killed an obliterator, sweeping advanced into havocs killed them, sweeping advanced into another Csm squad- killed them and the last remaining scout then held up the enemy daemon prince for the remainder of the game.
    More Necromunda please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast