BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Flyer and "former flamer"

Hi everybody,
    big question here: is there any special interaction between weapons that "automatically hit" and airborne veicle, that gives a malus of -1 to hit?

EX: an Aeldari D-schyte auto-hits a necron night-schyte, given that it is in range?

Thank you!

Chapter-Master

can't give you a rules based reference but the tournament I went to the weekend just gone, just played it that things that said auto hit, auto hit flyers.

So my heldrake was awesome.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Yes, that's how it works. Then again, flamers tend to have short ranges and flyers tend to be fast, so hitting them isn't usually that easy.

Chaplain

You reckon the Helldrake was awesome. I just realised that a Hemlock Wraith Fighter auto hits with heavy D-Scythes, but the thought has occurred. Do vehicles have to take morale tests? I can't think whey they need leadership otherwise.

Occuli Imperator

The rules on modifiers go multiplications first, then addition / subtraction, then any of those can be overridden by being set, i.e. always hits on a 2+, only wound on a 6+ etc.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni