BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Trukks ram?

Chaplain

Default Can Trukks ram?

It says in the ork dex that a reinforced ram lets trukks tank shock and for the purposes of death and glory increases its front armour by 2. Since ramming is a special kind of tank shock, does this mean that trukks can ram vehicles and get the armour bonus?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chaplain

Yes. A similar issue was brought up in the Errata for the Ork Codex, regarding the Deff Rolla. It states that ramming is indeed a tank shock, and that when ramming, D6 S10 hits are inflicted on the rammed vehicle. Same concept applies here. Although, might I say that trukks are not be the best thing to ram with.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    Yes. A similar issue was brought up in the Errata for the Ork Codex, regarding the Deff Rolla. It states that ramming is indeed a tank shock, and that when ramming, D6 S10 hits are inflicted on the rammed vehicle. Same concept applies here. Although, might I say that trukks are not be the best thing to ram with.

Does the 2 armour extra still apply then? cause armor 12 with trukks speed can still be somewhat good, not landraider explotions, but still..

Librarian

I'd say that it is allowed to ram (as the ork FAQ states that ram is simply a form of tank shock).
    However: it doesn't get the +2 armour; the wargear entry is very clear that you get "+2 armour against death or glory," and ramming doesn't get a death or glory reaction.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Of note, however, is that you must have the reinforced ram to tank shock, as trukks are not tanks, and thus can't do it normally. With it, however, they are fair game.
    Last edited by artemi; 08-11-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Yeah, a trukk with a reinforced ram can ram, but as ramming is not Death or Glory, the trukk's front armor is still 10 for the collision, which means that under optimal circumstances you can only get up to S6 with a ramming trukk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    ... might I say that trukks are not be the best thing to ram with.
    Nope, but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Yeah, a trukk with a reinforced ram can ram, but as ramming is not Death or Glory, the trukk's front armor is still 10 for the collision, which means that under optimal circumstances you can only get up to S6 with a ramming trukk.
    This is true normally, but not always. On a road you can go up to 25" with a trukk, which could make the hit strength 8. In Apoc the trukk convoy allows you to move up to 49" with a trukk, which is definately strength 10. I blew up an exorcist with a trukk that way.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is true normally, but not always. On a road you can go up to 25" with a trukk, which could make the hit strength 8. In Apoc the trukk convoy allows you to move up to 49" with a trukk, which is definately strength 10. I blew up an exorcist with a trukk that way.
    It's true, I watched him do it. It's worth pointing out that he did the same thing to a Rhino right next to that same exorcist, and all he did was knock off it's storm bolter, while both trukks went kerunch!

Chapter-Master

that's one mighty Storm Bolter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast