or how my Undivided Chaos Force managed to win a couple games

It had been a while since we got a chance to have a decent game, Feb truth be told. so we decied to drop as much on a table as we could. 3600 pts per side. Chaos vs 'Nids

I had a Khorne marked lord riding in a landraider with some Khorne marked possessed, a couple 9 man csm squads in rhinos, a 18 man csm squad mob, las and ccw dred, dakka pred, and a defiler. also had a sorcerer,6 bikers, 9 raptors, and 2 - 9 man thousandsons squads. as ringers i had a greater damon and three lesser daemon squads in reserve.

the 'Nids were quasi horde. he had a couple large sqads of termiaunts one large squad of hormagaunts 2 lictors, 2 zoenthropes, 2 carifex, bone sword warrior squad, a shooty warrior squad. broodlord with stealers, another steler brood, squig swarm, hive tyrant with a few shields.... can't remeber much more... all the upgrades he could take for upping armour saves and strength he took. (i still say he should have just paid for more squads as he had the minis to spare)

typical of huge point games i can't remember everything but will try to place enough highlights....

spearhead with three objectives. objectives placed pretty much in the center of the board in a line. everthing deployed that was not held in reserve (damons for me and to my surprise a good portion of the gaunts, the 2 lictors and a sqad of stealers.)

the thousandsons were great at what i had them do. one sqad baby sat one objective the other force him to close and deal with them in close combat.

as he closed the lord and possessed had to take on a carnefex, the lord getting 16 attacks on the charge and delivering 2 wounds to the 'fex, possessed giving one more. the 'fex punished the lord for hurting it and squished him.... lords should get eternal warrior. ... the possessed tied up the 'fex for another turn and killed it. they then tied up the shooty warriors for a couple turns holding them away from the center objective.

as the other 'fex and hormagaunts closed on the other flank i was getting into trouble with the warp. in one turn of calling on powers i had one tsons sorcerer 's head pop as his power cut loose and a wound to my sorcerer ic. the other tson sorcerer made his saves...

raptors were effective in killing off the broodlord and momentaraly clearing the center objective.

found i have to keep track of everthing as i forgot a squad in a rhino for an extra turn that they were not stunned,

bonesword warriors chopped up my bikers but they held long enogh to get the two smaller lesser daemons out. one of which finished the warriors and the others speed bumped the hormagaunts 'fex and zoenthrope. NOTE: lesser damons saved the game as the third squad poped into existance so did the greater daemon. between the greater daemon and the 15 lesser daemons they finished the hormagaunts and the 'fex. for some reason he was concentrating on the 15 lessers shrinking them down to 10 after that assault was done. the lessers were able to take the center objective .

his termigaunts & one lictor snuck on to the side of the board in my deployment area shredding the 18 csms down to 8 before they died messally in cc.

all in all it was a close game. my landrader was a fire magnet and only had one lascannon sponson active, he used his second stealer squad to hold his objective (they came on the wrong side, poor rolling) tieing up the shooty warriors was the best move i could do as i fed them the remains of the possessed, my defieler and a squad of csms. those blast weapons they have are a pain.

we ened up calling it at turn 5 as the only troops he had left were the stealers. i think he could have foced me off the center, the shooy wariors would have only needed another assalt turn to take care of the csms then they would have shot up my lesser daemons. but as it was turning close to midnight it was done.

-Chris