BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fly Lord

Default Orcs & Goblins Rumors

So the latest from all over the place online over the last week says:

Orcs & Goblins roughly Q1 2011 (the 3 contenders for next WFB releases are Ogres, O&G, Tomb Kings)

Jeremy Vetock as author.

Will be accompanied by several new plastic kits some of which are referenced in the 8th edition rulebook.

Sources say to look for a "Stegadon sized" kit of a massive forest spider - the "Arachnarok". This is hinted to have some type of topside fighting platform like the Steg and have tons of little spiders crawling all over. Multiple platform mounting options are mentioned, also analogous to the Steg.

New Savage Orcs are also mentioned.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

So, are you saying that O & G are going to be the next WFB army with a new Warhammer Armies book? I bet TK, OK and even Brettonia players won't be too happy.

A massive Spidersaurus, sounds too good to be true.

Stuff along these lines in the 8th ed BRB.
    "...multi-decked contraptions that bear a ridiculous amount of Goblin Archers..."
    "Even larger arachnid terrors, some the size of Empire Townhouses..."
    "...mammoth cavebeasts, big enough to shallow a bull whole, and wooden effigies of the Ork Gods..." Must have forgoten they aren't in 40k

Speculate away if you will.

My 2 cents is that O&G are a kind of a base line for new editions. I would not be surprised if they are placed at the top of the list for next Army Book. I think the fact that Ogres and Tomb Kings being the more limited armies that they are will be pushed back a little before their well deserved new books.

Brother-Sergeant

Agree the O&G are a likely solid option to be an Army Book release very early, if not first for this new edition.

As for the giant spider there's a pic of it in the O&G army shot on page xiii of the new WFB rule book. Also, in the back right corner of the same army shot there's some kind of chariot-type warmachine seemingly pulled by squigs?!

I want these...NOW!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by RebelGrot View Post
    As for the giant spider there's a pic of it in the O&G army shot on page xiii of the new WFB rule book.
    No, that's a conversion of a Forest Goblin Spider 3-up, it's not the Arachnarok Spider.
    Who knows what eldritch horrors lurk in the darkness that lies beyond the wall of sleep...

The latest from Frgt/10:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frgt/10 View Post
    what and miss out on all this?

-O&Gs are 100% coming in march
    -the night gobbo sneaky unit are attachments to regular NG units like fanatics. similar to assassins but more like 'hangers-on' than 'professional killers' (note that this conflicts with Harrys report that it was a common gobbo addition, but i was told NG *shrugs*)
    -plastic savage orcs
    -new wurrzagg model from what ive heard (might be wrong on this one though)
    - the new book is to old army books in a way that the 8th edition RB is to older edition RBs

everyone happy? good
    discuss, argue, whathaveyou...
    Sounds quite nifty, if the new 8th ed army books are all along the lines of the RB with loads of pictures and fluff I might end up getting all of them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Coming out in March eh? Well I suppose that is acceptable, even though there are armies that need it more it is a more . . . universal style of army and makes sense that they would be released first.
    As for the new units; I would prefer the 'hanger's on' type unit upgrade to be for the regular goblins as night goblins already have a neat little unit upgrade (by which I am alluding to the amusing antics of the fanatics), but I have no say in the development whatsoever so that is just wishing and a small amount of speculation.
    Gargantuan spiders sound like a fun Gobliny type of unit.
    I do hope the Army books follow in the footsteps of the Rule book in terms of fluff and pictures. I will be interested to see if the common magic items will be reprinted in the army book and if so will any of those items have different point costs to those in the rule book.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by novatomato View Post
    I do hope the Army books follow in the footsteps of the Rule book in terms of fluff and pictures. I will be interested to see if the common magic items will be reprinted in the army book and if so will any of those items have different point costs to those in the rule book.
    I sincerely don't hope the army books don't become bloated unwiedly monstrosities like the BRB has become.

It was brought home to me again today how stupid the army books are that all the details for a unit aren't in one place. i.e. Basic equipment and options is at the back of the book but all the special rules and details of how any special items work is earlier in the unit fluff.

Personally I think they need a lot of streamlining.

Gorcs and Oblins confirmed for March:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300090a[/url]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast