BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Coming out in March eh? Well I suppose that is acceptable, even though there are armies that need it more it is a more . . . universal style of army and makes sense that they would be released first.
    As for the new units; I would prefer the 'hanger's on' type unit upgrade to be for the regular goblins as night goblins already have a neat little unit upgrade (by which I am alluding to the amusing antics of the fanatics), but I have no say in the development whatsoever so that is just wishing and a small amount of speculation.
    Gargantuan spiders sound like a fun Gobliny type of unit.
    I do hope the Army books follow in the footsteps of the Rule book in terms of fluff and pictures. I will be interested to see if the common magic items will be reprinted in the army book and if so will any of those items have different point costs to those in the rule book.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by novatomato View Post
    I do hope the Army books follow in the footsteps of the Rule book in terms of fluff and pictures. I will be interested to see if the common magic items will be reprinted in the army book and if so will any of those items have different point costs to those in the rule book.
    I sincerely don't hope the army books don't become bloated unwiedly monstrosities like the BRB has become.

It was brought home to me again today how stupid the army books are that all the details for a unit aren't in one place. i.e. Basic equipment and options is at the back of the book but all the special rules and details of how any special items work is earlier in the unit fluff.

Personally I think they need a lot of streamlining.

Gorcs and Oblins confirmed for March:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300090a[/url]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

quoting from the link Eldargal posted

To support this exciting release, we will also be unveiling a genuine feast of new miniatures that would sate even the most ravenous Troll.
    Either GW is going into the culinary field of business or they mean they've got a lot of models to release. A summary of what these models have been rumored to be:
    Aracknarok thingy; a giant spider with a platform on top for goblins (like an O&G Stegadon)
    Plastic Savage Orcs, both on foot and on Boars
    Another new unit as of yet unknown
    Wurrzzag, a special character Orc Shaman

and thats it from the rumors I have heard. Doesn't seem like a 'genuine feast' to me so I suspect they will be edible.

The Dark Mechanic

Aracknarok thingy; a giant spider with a platform on top for goblins (like an O&G Stegadon)
    I've heard the base for the Giant Spider model is about the size of an uncut GW modular movement tray. It's supposedly one of the largest models they've made yet and it will have the largest base they've ever made for a standard production model.

I don't see that link Eldargal posted on the home page of the GW site even when I sign in on my account. Did they email that link around and I just haven't received it yet? That happens a lot, my email from GW often gets delayed in the Warp like my White Dwarf magazine delivery.

If Skaven are January and Orcs are March, and they've said something about Blood Angels for February, what's the rest of the year look like?
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 12-06-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, I got an email with the same link so you should be able to access it through the Astrononicom on GW's website.
    [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/astronomican.jsp"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/astronomican.jsp[/URL]

Sounds interesting is this a sign of things to come? Larger and larger monsters for each successive army? I hope so, that means that it is possible for my Lizziies to get a Thunder Lizard as a unit.

Fly Lord

That would put the early year looking like this:

Jan - Skaven
    Feb - Blood Angels (some kits can used with Grey Knights)
    Mar - Orcs&Goblins
    Apr - Grey Knights
    May+ ???
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

The Dark Mechanic

Hopefully new, huge models for WFB = Chaos Warmammoth or something similar at some point.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm just happy it's written by Jeremy Vetock. I play skaven and I thought his army book captured them perfectly, and with Orcs and Goblins being a similair kind of crazed army I think it will be a great if unreliable book.
    Souls. Yum.

Initiate

Default Aracknarok Spider

i have seen the models base as there is one person in all of Australia that has this model and he was former manger of GW bankstown (before it was shutdown this week ) and is now moving back to the battle bunker in the CBD . this model is Huge as its base IS larger that a screaming Bell and the bases size is about 75mm x 250mm ( 3 cal bases wide and 5 deep ) but the model is self was taken home as soon as it came in the black box last week
    Last edited by Talking Skulls; 01-25-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast