BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Orcs & Goblins Rumors

So the latest from all over the place online over the last week says:

Orcs & Goblins roughly Q1 2011 (the 3 contenders for next WFB releases are Ogres, O&G, Tomb Kings)

Jeremy Vetock as author.

Will be accompanied by several new plastic kits some of which are referenced in the 8th edition rulebook.

Sources say to look for a "Stegadon sized" kit of a massive forest spider - the "Arachnarok". This is hinted to have some type of topside fighting platform like the Steg and have tons of little spiders crawling all over. Multiple platform mounting options are mentioned, also analogous to the Steg.

New Savage Orcs are also mentioned.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

So, are you saying that O & G are going to be the next WFB army with a new Warhammer Armies book? I bet TK, OK and even Brettonia players won't be too happy.

A massive Spidersaurus, sounds too good to be true.

Stuff along these lines in the 8th ed BRB.
    "...multi-decked contraptions that bear a ridiculous amount of Goblin Archers..."
    "Even larger arachnid terrors, some the size of Empire Townhouses..."
    "...mammoth cavebeasts, big enough to shallow a bull whole, and wooden effigies of the Ork Gods..." Must have forgoten they aren't in 40k

Speculate away if you will.

My 2 cents is that O&G are a kind of a base line for new editions. I would not be surprised if they are placed at the top of the list for next Army Book. I think the fact that Ogres and Tomb Kings being the more limited armies that they are will be pushed back a little before their well deserved new books.

Brother-Sergeant

Agree the O&G are a likely solid option to be an Army Book release very early, if not first for this new edition.

As for the giant spider there's a pic of it in the O&G army shot on page xiii of the new WFB rule book. Also, in the back right corner of the same army shot there's some kind of chariot-type warmachine seemingly pulled by squigs?!

I want these...NOW!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by RebelGrot View Post
    As for the giant spider there's a pic of it in the O&G army shot on page xiii of the new WFB rule book.
    No, that's a conversion of a Forest Goblin Spider 3-up, it's not the Arachnarok Spider.
    Who knows what eldritch horrors lurk in the darkness that lies beyond the wall of sleep...

Brother-Sergeant

Bah, really? Why would they do that to me?

I heard rumors of giant spider, saw a giant spider in something official...damn GW toying with my logic!

Do you know what the squig pulled thing behind it is Mr Scryer? (another studio conversion?)

Battle-Brother

I am willing to bet that we will see a Idol of Mork terrain piece, as well as new emphasis on forest goblins.

Sounds good for gorcs an oblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ney
    As per request a Mark II thread with rumour roundup! I will try to expand and keep the rumours up to date as they arrive.

Book seems slated for a Feb/March release, written by Jeremy Vetock and apparently already done! (strongly hinted at by hastings and harry, and also seems in line with the known release schedule)

We keep all current SC(that includes Grom in his chariot!) and get Wurzzag and two goblin characters both heroes one of which is a forrest gobling for a totalt of 15 lord choices and 11 hero choices!

We get a new model, the Arachnarok spider. It can be takes as a mount for a common gobling great shaman, or it can be a rare choice. As a rare choice it will have options for some warmachine thingie or other special rule in that regard.

Common goblins will get some sort of a unit upgrade. hastings hinted at something that has two handweapons but is not an assasin. (I am still a bit unclear whether the upgrade is the new Special Char or a seperate upgrade like the DE assasin)

(Common) Goblin characters will be able to ride Giant and Gigantic spiders, so an all spider army should be viable (hastings).

Also we are getting another new unit besides the Arachnarok, though it is unclear what it is at the moment.

We get some new plastics, so far people agree on we get 5 sets:
    Besides the spider, the best bets so far are Savage Orcs incl boars, with the remaining two to be named. One which could be the new as of yet missing unit.

Things we do not get:
    Orcs do NOT get devestating charge (hastings).
    Hobgoblins.
    Common forrest goblins (on foot).
    Orc Idols and some huge cave beast (though we might hope Warhammer Forge may come up with something nice, eh? But nothing is in the pipelines just yet according to people that talked to them at Games Day UK).
    Plastic Sguigs.
    Black Orc Boar Boys
    Skirmishing giant spider riders
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The latest from Frgt/10:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frgt/10 View Post
    what and miss out on all this?

-O&Gs are 100% coming in march
    -the night gobbo sneaky unit are attachments to regular NG units like fanatics. similar to assassins but more like 'hangers-on' than 'professional killers' (note that this conflicts with Harrys report that it was a common gobbo addition, but i was told NG *shrugs*)
    -plastic savage orcs
    -new wurrzagg model from what ive heard (might be wrong on this one though)
    - the new book is to old army books in a way that the 8th edition RB is to older edition RBs

everyone happy? good
    discuss, argue, whathaveyou...
    Sounds quite nifty, if the new 8th ed army books are all along the lines of the RB with loads of pictures and fluff I might end up getting all of them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast