BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The other day when I was talking to my local store manager he was telling me about GW's new style of Army Book (I don't know if this will be for Fantasy and 40k or just Fantasy).

They're going to be hardback and fully colour printed. I don't know how/if this will change the cost but, still, sounds like they'll be really good.

He was also saying about how stunned he was at the detail and how well the new models looked, although annoyingly without giving any details to what there actually is. Something was said about a very nice brand new model which hasn't been in any of the O+G books before (along similar lines to the Skaven getting the Hell Pit Abomination).

Brother-Sergeant

Had a peek in the book today.

Mangler squigs are two great cave squigs that are chained together, move 3d6 and cause 2d6 str6 armour piercing hits.

Snotling pump wagon can have upgrades like extra spikey (adds strength bonus I think), a sail to add increase speed from 2d6 to 3d6 (4d6 if pumping faster) and flappy wings so dangerous terrain tests are only taken if you end move in dangerous terrain.

Only 8 magic items in the book and 3 of these are banners.

Spells are beefed up though didn't memorise any details. Foot of Gork has a foot template again and if boosted stomps all over the place.

Nasty Skulkers not only have always strike first and armour piercing, they also have killing blow! WS2 though

All I can remember.

Hey Mellowshade, any word on if Goblin Fanatics were changed at all? I just started a heavy fanatic army and don't want them to go to waste.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by darkninja962 View Post
    Hey Mellowshade, any word on if Goblin Fanatics were changed at all? I just started a heavy fanatic army and don't want them to go to waste.
    no big changes to fanatics. Work basically the same as in the recent FAQ
    Check my blog: itslikewatchingpaintdry.blogspot.com

Anyone know how the new animosity works?

It has gone back to the old style. Except for the Get 'Im result.

6 is still "Ere We Go with a free move
    2-5 is internal squabble and unit cannot move
    1 has the unit fight the nearest other unit. the difference is that they don't charge each other. Just 2D6 S3 attacks go each way and done.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Albavar View Post
    It has gone back to the old style. Except for the Get 'Im result.

6 is still "Ere We Go with a free move
    2-5 is internal squabble and unit cannot move
    1 has the unit fight the nearest other unit. the difference is that they don't charge each other. Just 2D6 S3 attacks go each way and done.
    Forgive me as i have not had much experience with O&G but this would seem to suggest that 5 times out of 6
    none of your units will be able to move/charge .

That can't be right am i missing something?
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

You only get onto that table if you roll a 1 while checking for animosity and there are several conditions that make a unit exempt:
    Units in combat do not have to test
    Fleeing units do not have to test
    Units of less than 5 models do not have to test
    Black Orcs do not have to test
    Units led by black orc characters can be brought in line at the cost of casualties

Otherwise every unit of orcs or goblins must roll a D6 at the start of every turn.

Librarian

Thanks that clears things up
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

The Dark Mechanic

The basic Orc Warrior box has quietly been repackaged at $29 for 10 models, replacing the 19 models for $35 set. This kind of thing happens all the time, even when the sprue is not recut or revised in any way. Remember Imperial Guardsmen? They were 20 models for $35 till the IG got their new Codex, then it was 10 models for $22, after last June it went to $24.75. Snap up the remaining $35 boxes of 19 Orc models while you can!
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 03-06-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123