BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chaplain

CYGNAR! Why? Well:

1. The average Cygnarian model doesn't make me go hey what the balls that dudes shoulder pads are just ridiculous (whats with wargames and massively oversized shoulder pads it's so lame).
    2. More seriously the army has a more realistic feel to it the basic trooper (Trenchers and Longgunners) aren't that over the top fantasy wise their pretty realistic and have a very nice appeal to them when painted a line of gun toting long gunner looks fantastic on the board and Trenchers appeal to the WW1 nerd in me.
    3. The fluff is awesome one nation standing alone against a world out for blood and their not without their own corruption (the Vinter regime being key) so they don't have the lame Puritan good guys crap going. They also know their alone and when you read their fluff they don't pin blame on anyone like that Ashlynn ***** whos got to stop whining about Lleal being Cygnars fault, though Cygnars pretty cocky as they've stood up against Cyrx, Khador, Trolls, Skorne the whole works they kinda have a good reason to be whos else has taken so much and has yet to stumble.
    4. Stormknights...Stormguard, Stormblades, Stormlances anything of these look fantastic and they the cream of the crop in the Cygnar army and yet have a reasonable statline what they do have is the Electroleap and Stormblade with a standard bearer is hells loads of fun eight 3 inche AOEs everytime they charge is awesome.
    5. Coleman Stryker...seriously a red head with a thunder sword who (in epic form) eats juggernauts for breakfast who can't love the guy.

By the responses in this thread, it appears as though my Menoth aren't quite as uncommon as I expected.

A few friends of mine and I started discussing branching out into a different game a couple of months ago and as we spoke about it, the archetypes of the armies all meshed relatively well with each one of our tastes. One chose Cryx, another Cygnar, Khador was also picked up and then there was me, the guy who has always been compelled by devotion to the extremem and glorious-looking angels. Personally, what really sold me was the Harbinger. She alone had the appearance and the fluff that allowed me to look past how silly some of the Menoth jacks looked. When reading her entry, I remember really enjoying the idea of her being blindfolded because it was too difficult to see the world in her god's eyes and she hovered above the ground as she was too holy to touch it.

Beyond that, I quite like the appearance of the models in Menoth and while I find the playstyle behind the faction tricky a bit (not much versatility from unit to unit; bear in mind, I come from Space Marines) and the casters match that. Each one of them only does a couple of things, but frequently does each quite well.

Admittedly, I've been flirting with the idea of trying out another faction, but would like to try out a hordes army as my circle of friends have the run of Warmachine armies (not including Mercs). I'm intrigued by Legions because I feel as though they would help break my losing streak to Cygnar :P but also enjoyed Wood Elves so am curious about Circle. Well, time to go glance through Battle College, it seems. :P

Chaplain

I've been given Legion a try recently and I find their verrrrrry unforgiving a single bad movie can ruin your entire game, they have speed like the Cryx but whats awesome is their limited dependability on the warlock allowing warlocks like Rhas or Thagrosh to focus on smashing the enemy apart instead of wasting fury to save little weaklings. The warbeasts look sick but the Nyss unit look kinda like ninja meets samurai and it looks very...well odd not that appealing to look at some unit like the legionaries do look good but it's mostly the warsbeasts. Menoth vs Cygnar is a classic match up however Cygnars shooting often out does the Menites I recommend Skyhammers those things scare me they may be inaccurate but by combine firing them they get more accurate and the template gets bigger, use them with Kreoss's feat and they cream the poor Cygnar, I play Cygnar myself and I have faced this tactic it was quite the experience.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

About a month before the game was released I came across a picture of a Menoth Jack and liked the general aesthetic (although ironically Menoth is my least favorite aesthetically lol). I googled Privateer Press, saw pictures of the Khador Jacks and Sorscha and fell in love. The Khador Jacks looked like huge metal linebackers, mean and aggressive. I've also always been a fan of armies that look vaguely soviet or russian in nature, hence my attraction to Khador.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123