BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Post Fantasy Lexicanum Problems

There are a few problems with the current Lexicanum for Fantasy that need to be solved. I tried to message BigRed about it, through various methods, but I don't know if he received them or not, so i'll try this new forums and hope they can be fixed.

• I've tried uploading images for several days but it refuses to work since the website was hacked. I always get an error message like this one: [1c276a34] 2017-08-22 22:38:58: Fatal exception of type MWException
    • Emails are not sent, both the "email this user" function and trying to change my account email. I've tried both and neither seems to work.
    • There is a lack of administrators and bureaucrats, both to clean up the wiki and accept new members. I was given admin status(not bureacrat) for a few hours before the hacker hacked lexicanum and the rollback removed that status. I was afraid I might've had a virus or something that allowed the hacker to hack it, but I was told this likely wasn't the case. If possible I would like that status restored.

If possible I would like also do some actions to revitalise the wiki, as the fantasy side of it is quite dead.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ashendant; 08-22-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Fly Lord

Thanks Ashendant.

The programmers are looking at this, and it is on the radar, but we are taking bugs one by one.

If you can please let as many of the regular Lex posters and admins know to come over here and register. We are updating the Lounge forum links to point here, but it's tricky with the foreign language ones as I don't speak German or French.

We will be talking about future plans and site extensions moving forward for Lexicanum.

We will also be starting to recruit a new generation of admins to grow and extend the wiki.

-Larry (bigred)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Thanks Ashendant.

The programmers are looking at this, and it is on the radar, but we are taking bugs one by one.

If you can please let as many of the regular Lex posters and admins know to come over here and register. We are updating the Lounge forum links to point here, but it's tricky with the foreign language ones as I don't speak German or French.

We will be talking about future plans and site extensions moving forward for Lexicanum.

We will also be starting to recruit a new generation of admins to grow and extend the wiki.

-Larry (bigred)
    I didn't have any answers to my attempts at communicating, so i didn't know if you were aware of the problems or not, because the email functions were kinda one of the problems.

Well on the fantasy english side there aren't many... Just me, Hyberius and I think Revoran did an update a few days ago. I guess I could send hyberius a message but he hasn't made an edit in a while. Nobody else in the last month, quite possibly few months. I don't speak german or french, through I think alot of them speak enough english to understand you.

The biggest problem with Lexicanum is retaining new people as the time it takes for a new person to signup and their signup to be accepted is often too large, an these people often forget they signed up in the first place. My first suggestion would be to make it the signup immediate with a google captcha and content-based question(those seem to work best, because the bots won't be able to figure it out without a human finding the answer), but since that doesn't seem to be an option the lexi, atleast the fantasy english side, really needs more bureaucrats. There also needs to be a small "publicity drive" to try to attract more editors.

Thanks

EDIT: Also do tell when the image upload is fixed. I have over 30 images from the latest releases I need to upload.

EDIT2: I could try to talk with the french/german people for you if you want using google translate or something.
    Last edited by Ashendant; 08-22-2017 at 07:18 PM.

i also have some problems in the german fantasy wiki.

additionally to the image upload bug, i can't confirm new users and get the following error:

"Das Verzeichnis „mwstore://accountcreds-backend/accountcreds-public/l/le/lex“ konnte nicht angelegt werden."

(trans.: The directory "mwstore..." could not be created.)

I still have my bureaucrat and admin rights.

Fly Lord

Arh-Tolth, thank you for the report - this is being worked on today by programmers.

-L

Fly Lord

Image uploads and user account approvals should be working now.

I can confirm that images are working.