BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Mercer's painting blog o' stuff

These last few months I've got loads of projects going on 40k wise. Currently I'm working on my 2.6k Tyranid army, I've got 40 Hormagaunts left and 13 'Stealers and then all models will be painted, they will just need basing.

I've also got a few bits and pieces to finish from my other armies too. Eldar I've picked up a Farseer and some painted Fire Dragons so these need painting and basing. I'm also in the process of getting all my armies to WYSIWYG so for the Eldar I'm using two Falcons as Serpents, one has brightlances on it so that's ok but the other has scatter lasers for shuri cannons so I need to pick up some of those and get them nailed on as well. Eldar then need the bases painting as I've put sand on them but I've found it's coming off, slowly.

Orks just need a big shoota adding to a Battlewagon, combi skorcha adding to the Warboss and some of the 'ard cases removing from the Wagons. They need the bases painting as well, but nothing major.
    www.imperiusdominatus.com - warhammer 40,000 tactica and hobby blog

Chaplain

My Imperial Fists are having a massive overhaul. The army is painted golden yellow but I liked more darker gritty paint jobs and that bright yellow is just unrealistic. I've started painting the army again, so far I've done a Librarian, Land Speeder and Rhino. The Librarian needs the storm bolter moving as he's meant to have a storm shield.

Chaplain

I had been hastely working on my Iron Warriors a few months ago as I was going to attend a local tournament, unfortunately I double booked and had to miss it. Due to tournament rules everything had to be WYSIWYG and anything converted models must look 40k like. So I got a Balrog added some hobby beads and wire and wrapped them around the Balrog making it look like a spine, I then added a hooked up Guardsman underneath a wing lol.

Now I've upgraded my Princes to the new funky plastic models. They come in the post yesterday:

Chaplain

I also started doing my own gaming board too. I've got about 8 ruins to go with it as well, it's WIP atm and I've decided it needs painting to keep the basing together.