BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Depending how close the screen was tot he tanks and the relative positions of the attackers and defenders, it might be possible to pull off a multi-charge, but there may not be many models able to get through the gap to attack the Tanks.

For some reason I was under the impression you couldn't move through squads (your own or the enemy). I seem to have misplaced my rulebook though...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    That's true, but it would take two units - one to shoot a hole in the screen and another to charge the tanks behind. Remember that a single unit cannot shoot one target and then charge another.
    There are ways around that-- you poke a hole, and have some guys engage the infantry squad, then the others make their way to the tanks. As long as you are following the details of the assault rules, it works.

Oh,

hmmm...

I think I shall amend this statement, because the Veteran Assault Squad cannot shoot if they are attempting heroic intervention!

You'll have to use a different squad to poke a hole--- same tactics apply.

As for moving through squads: You just have to have path of model work--- ie no moving through impassable terrain. Just read up on moving and assault movement.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 08-15-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    For some reason I was under the impression you couldn't move through squads (your own or the enemy). I seem to have misplaced my rulebook though...
    You can move where ever you want, so long as you follow these rules:
    1. There must be enough physical space between other models for the moving models to fit through
    2. You must stay 1" away from enemy units
    3. The moving unit must end its move in coherency.

As rule #2 disappears when making assault moves, it is possible to move through an enemy unit and assault the unit behind it, at least in theory. There are some other rules you have to follow that make it kinda tricky, but it is possible in the right circumstances.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Ah, I think I'd boiled it down to a rule of thumb since infantry bases are about 1" wide. So in effect you can't charge through to something behind if they're ever so slightly less than an inch apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    Ah, I think I'd boiled it down to a rule of thumb since infantry bases are about 1" wide. So in effect you can't charge through to something behind if they're ever so slightly less than an inch apart.
    Correct.

Chapter-Master

Right, that's the only way to guarantee that you can't move through another squad.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

If the charging unit can fit in between the infantry spacing, then yes, the tanks can be charged.

There is no such requirement for the charge to be a straight line, so if I wanted to charge your tanks, I could move 6" around your units in a circle to get to the tanks if I am able to, even if I am only 2: away from your tanks.

The only way to stop an assault is to make sure there is no physical space in between the infantry models so that the charging models cannot physically move in between the infantry without hitting the infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    That's true, but it would take two units - one to shoot a hole in the screen and another to charge the tanks behind. Remember that a single unit cannot shoot one target and then charge another.
    So you shoot the squad then declare a dual charge and charge both units.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    So you shoot the squad then declare a dual charge and charge both units.
    Exactley! Just don't worry about it and dual assault. Why even rrisk getting charged back?

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast