BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Units with Awesome Minis and Terrible Rules

Perhaps the most bitter fruit. You love the minis, and just have to have them in your army, but thier rules just aren't up to snuff.

Lets hear your examples.

I'll start off with what I consider the lamest unit in the Dark Elf list:Cold One Knights, but perhaps the best single model box in the entire range..

CURSES!!! I still field a small 5-knight unit as a second line countercharge unit just out of love for my models.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Grand Provost Marshal

Most of the Kislev models, especially the Gryphon Legion and Tsar Boris. The models are great, fantastic even, but the Gryphon Legion's rules suffer from older-ness (they're not bad, they just cost too much for what you get), and Tsar Boris has fantastic stats and abilities, but it's damn-near impossible to field him (either a 3000pt Kislev/somebody combined army, or a 2000pt Kislev-only army).

Not sure how good they are, but I've always loved the look of Kroxigors and Ushabti.

Veteran-Sergeant

Does the entire Ogre Kingdom army range count?

Brother-Sergeant

Iron Breakers.

The models are ace. The rules......well lets just say that looks aren't everything.

-Eric

Skaven Rat Ogres. Nice new models but are overpriced point wise for a unit that doesn't have great hitting power and being toughness 4 with no armour sees them run off after one round of shooting/magic or poor dice rolling in HtH.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitter Leap View Post
    Skaven Rat Ogres. Nice new models but are overpriced point wise for a unit that doesn't have great hitting power and being toughness 4 with no armour sees them run off after one round of shooting/magic or poor dice rolling in HtH.
    I second that. And they are ws 3

I concur with the Giant Rats and the entire OK range.

My pick: Chaos Warhounds.

Why aren't they s4? t3? sure. s4? WHYYYY and they're not even fast cav. and they're terrible.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Night Goblins LD is bs they are just as good as humans but with a FIVE I feel as if I am playing nids with no big creature to keep there LD up. Oh wait that right I can't. . Best I can get in the goblins army is having a goblin big boss that gives me a 6 or a 7 at best and most people have spells to nock my ld down by four so that is pointless to say at best.

Also one more,

Black Orcs there models look like they should be in plate to me, but they are "heavy armour" it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigose View Post
    Black Orcs there models look like they should be in plate to me, but they are "heavy armour" it says.
    Plate is heavy armor. The only armor that gives more of a save is race specific armor (i.e. chaos armor, gromril armor, etc.)

And you're paying 2 points per night goblin! Something's gotta be bad...especially since they launch those damn fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoki View Post
    Plate is heavy armor. The only armor that gives more of a save is race specific armor (i.e. chaos armor, gromril armor, etc.)

And you're paying 2 points per night goblin! Something's gotta be bad...especially since they launch those damn fanatics.
    I don't have Fanatic models and I can't play what I own have a model for. And goblins are 3 per models plus you have to pay for there upgrades on having spears or bows. -.-;

If they were 2 per model I wouldn't complain at all I wouldn't care at that point.

But as is that they can be up to 7 points per model at the end of upgrades it becomes a pain to think that humans are better then them. -. -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast