Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    More importantly, I finally got to see Zombieland,
    What took you so long?
    You live in the States, not the moon!

and it was awesome.
    Oh course, it's only the best zombie movie made in the last two decades (the remake of Dawn was really good, but the originality of Zombieland makes it take top spot).

That's what this thread needs to be about; not a stupid argument about Arjac, but an argument about the best zombie movies.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    What took you so long?
    You live in the States, not the moon!
    I know! At least I saw Kickass when it was in theaters. I'm not very good about catching movies when they come out
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

I thought Shaun of the Dead was awesome. As good as Zombieland imo.

Alright, I'm new to the forum, and wasn't here when the argument was brought up the first time. If this has been brought up there, please show me.

Let us just do something hypothetically. Let's say that Foehammer's ranged profile is AP5 instead of AP1. Would it still ignore all armor saves against wounds when it's thrown, even though it is only AP5?

Wow, I use this debate as a joke on my home forums for the purposes of being funny. I love this debate though and for the record agree that Foehammer should in fact cause you to go to initiative 1 when it is thrown and causes a wound.

My advice: It should be decided on before you play. Talk your judge/tourney organizer, opponent whatever and get aruling before you play. That way you don't rely on it and you lose it. Buddy of mine just lost a tourney because he assumed everyone played poisoned weapons the same. Apparenty they don't and he had ruling go against him so that was obviously wrong. Now he asks about poisoned weapons before games so that both players are clear and this doesn't happen.

Veteran-Sergeant

Just to calrify this heated topic

I for one am tired of this rule debate being thrown in my face ( i play space wolves and use Arjac quite a bit ). I sent an email to a judge from my local store and asked if he could clarify the rules. The FINAL decision in my personal store is it acts as a thunderhammer that has been thrown meaning all the thunderhammer rules apply to the ranged attack as well as in CC. Now going back to the Jaws debate the unit in the squad wounded by the ranged attack is treated as Initative 1 but noone else in the sqaud is affected. So generally we have to say which model we are going to hit with it.

Hope these rulings helped out with the debate.
    -Incenerate

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    Alright, I'm new to the forum, and wasn't here when the argument was brought up the first time. If this has been brought up there, please show me.

Let us just do something hypothetically. Let's say that Foehammer's ranged profile is AP5 instead of AP1. Would it still ignore all armor saves against wounds when it's thrown, even though it is only AP5?
    I linked to the argument earlier in the page.

But you do bring up an interesting point. I don't feel like going through the effort of looking up how thunderhammers ignore armor saves exactly, but in your example Foehammer probably would still ignore armor, at least if it simply states "wounds caused by Thunderhammers ignore armor saves".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

I linked to the argument earlier in the page.

But you do bring up an interesting point. I don't feel like going through the effort of looking up how thunderhammers ignore armor saves exactly, but in your example Foehammer probably would still ignore armor, at least if it simply states "wounds caused by Thunderhammers ignore armor saves".
    Assuming it's treated as a ranged melee-ruled weapon it would have the "ignore armor save" statement. Foehammer via being a Thuderhammer, Thunderhammer because it's treated like a Power Fist, Power fist because it counts as a Power Weapon, with Power Weapon itself comes the ignore armour save statement.
    A little health now and again is the invalids best remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Assuming it's treated as a ranged melee-ruled weapon it would have the "ignore armor save" statement. Foehammer via being a Thuderhammer, Thunderhammer because it's treated like a Power Fist, Power fist because it counts as a Power Weapon, with Power Weapon itself comes the ignore armour save statement.
    That is the correct train of thought, but if you look up power weapons again on page 42, you'll see that they actually specify that they ignore armor saves in close combat only. One of the reasons there's a question as to whether Foehammer includes the "knocked reeling" effect even when used as a ranged weapon is because the "knocked reeling" rules on page 42 don't specify that they function in close combat only - unlike power weapons' "ignore armor saves" rule, on the same page, which does.

Hence, if Foehammer is still a thunder hammer when used as a ranged weapon (which I believe it is, for the reasons laid out in the post DarkLink linked to earlier), it does indeed ignore armor saves - but only when it causes wounds in close combat, which it will never do when used as a ranged weapon.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 08-17-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    That is the correct train of thought, but if you look up power weapons again on page 42, you'll see that they actually specify that they ignore armor saves in close combat only. One of the reasons there's a question as to whether Foehammer includes the "knocked reeling" effect even when used as a ranged weapon is because the "knocked reeling" rules on page 42 don't specify that they function in close combat only - unlike power weapons' "ignore armor saves" rule, on the same page, which does.

Hence, if Foehammer is still a thunder hammer when used as a ranged weapon (which I believe it is, for the reasons laid out in the post DarkLink linked to earlier), it does indeed ignore armor saves - but only when it causes wounds in close combat, which it will never do when used as a ranged weapon.
    Ah, so it doesn't, strange they added such a worthless bit to it's description, wonder what their intention was.
    A little health now and again is the invalids best remedy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast