BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

I thought part of the lore dealing with this was the Tech to make the Primaris was sent/given to all chapters. So if that's the case that is how they have Primaris Marines, they upgraded their own.

From the gathering Storm trilogy: ret-conned Belisarius Cawl was making an untold number of Primaris Marines even since Day1 of the Crusade.
    So had hundred, possibly thousands, to parcel out to every chapter.
    I have not seen/read anything about the chapters being given the means to create their own.
    It also makes zero sense, according to Gathering Storm, that the Primaris would be Chaplains (in regard to the new Chaplain mini).

The Blood Ravens/Thousand Sons connection has been denied by Laurie Goulding. Pretty much all of the clues pointing in that direction come from CS Goto's Books anyway (it's not really mentioned at all in the games), and I have a feeling that they are no longer considered canon, which makes sense given his reputation for mangling the fluff.

Anyway - Yes, they've been given the technology to make their own. The Carcharadons, another chapter whose primarch is unknown, or at least unclear, also have this, according to Robbie MacNiven, who is writing another Carcharadons book.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    I have not seen/read anything about the chapters being given the means to create their own.
    The novel "The Devastion of Baal" says Guilliman gives the genesis machines for Primaris creation to the Blood Angels after their successful defence of Baal. After this fight twenty six successors of the Blood Angels which were also fighting on Baal get the Primaris too.
    "Die Menschheit ist zu chaotisch, um wahre Ordnung anzunehmen." / "Humanity is to chaotic for true order." Perturabo, 999.M30