BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Battle-Brother

What exactly do you mean? If an user is getting a new account, he can not have anything on his watchlist.

A user can edit his mailing preferences under "settings" and "e-mail options".
    An administrator can not change these settings for any user.
    "Die Menschheit ist zu chaotisch, um wahre Ordnung anzunehmen." / "Humanity is to chaotic for true order." Perturabo, 999.M30

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRonin View Post
    What exactly do you mean? If an user is getting a new account, he can not have anything on his watchlist.

A user can edit his mailing preferences under "settings" and "e-mail options".
    An administrator can not change these settings for any user.
    Problem is I receive lots of mails each time someone makes an edit to any page I edited before. So I went and check and turns out the "Watch this page" is active by default if you try to make any edit to any article of the Lexicanum.

The result of having both these options as active by default is: All the people that ever edited an article receive an email, everytime someone edits that particular article. This results in a lot of emails being sent in quick succession overtime. This might be why Outlook "blacklisted" the lexi email by default.
    Last edited by Ashendant; 10-25-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Fly Lord

Thanks Alpha Ronin.

I don't now the inner workings of Lexicanum mailflow, but the following things I can read out of the header and MXTOOLBOX.com:
    1. You are sending: envelope-from="[email protected]";
    2. But the following mail server makes the connection: Received: from belloflostsouls.net
    3. bolsinteractive.com and belloflostsouls.net have different MX-records
    4. None of both domains have an SPF-Record in their dns-entries.

There are a few things the mail admins of BOLS can do:
    1. You can check the domain configuration and decide for one mail domain.
    2. You can introduce SPF-records to better the SPAM-ranking.
    I've added the email mis-configuration data to the bug list for our IT guy to look at.

But I also agree that when you're dealing with mail and spam misidentification - there is only so much you can do.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Thanks Alpha Ronin.

I've added the email mis-configuration data to the bug list for our IT guy to look at.

But I also agree that when you're dealing with mail and spam misidentification - there is only so much you can do.

-Larry
    Like I said I think you should change how the "Watch this page" is active by default. Sending an email to everyone that ever edited one article, everytime that article is edited is certainly not helping.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123