BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarflord17404 View Post
    Instead of severeal mundane units why not runthe double death star

2 15 man units of knights of the relamwith full command each containg with a Paladin (one is the bsb with the Banner of the lady), A super fighty tooled up LOrd of death and a Damsel on a steed

back this up with mayber 2 units of 9 Questing Knights for flank charges.

Also Why no Pladin with vow of empathy to lead your peasants ?

Also I thinka 2nd trebuchet is in order.

Dwarflord, I was analyzing your suggestions/questions about the double deathstar and the paladin on foot. The double death star as I calculated is over 100 points over the max lord/hero choice allotment. How do you figure you could run them in ard boyz?

John M>

Librarian

I tried a variant of that list (the first one, with the sword attacks n such)

played 2 turns vs High elves, teclys purple sunned himself, killed a lord on griffon, and messed up some ohter units. Overall victory (on points) for me

was short models though, so more tinkering for me!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Brother-Sergeant

Default ummm

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    Dwarflord, I was analyzing your suggestions/questions about the double deathstar and the paladin on foot. The double death star as I calculated is over 100 points over the max lord/hero choice allotment. How do you figure you could run them in ard boyz?

John M>
    um

Death star 1
    Lord Silver lance of the lady,other tricksters shard,virtue of purity
    Paladin virtue of impetous knights, lance, shield
    Damesel level 2 with sc roll of leaching
    15 K.o.R banner of swiftness full command

Death star 2
    Lord sword of blood shed , virtue of heriosim
    paladin bsb banner of the lady
    Prohptess level 4 with iron curse icon , potion sacre
    15 K.OR full command

rear with the gear
    Paldin vow of empathy sword of battle
    19 bowmen with flaming brazier

Thats 702 on lord level characters , 536 on hero's and 902 on Core choices. So since you can have up to 750 points on each lord and hero choices and you need a minum of 750 points of core. So How is it illegeal or doesn't fit. addtionaly it gives you like 900 points to spend on the trebuchet and flanking units of questing and grail knights. Unless you are fielding a horde formation of men at arm i would not recommend them (4 x10).

Brother-Captain

OK, I had to re-read that section, as I was working with a hand written/transcribed section that only stated 25% for them total since I share abook with someone else until the new one comes out. I got my grubby hands on the actual and checked it out myself as I hadn't fully read it yet since the other person is in possession of the book most of the time Thanks for the correction to my thoughts

John M.
    Last edited by lobster-overlord; 08-26-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Default uber killy lords

The uber killy lord #2 from dwarf lord isn't uber killy. The virtue that gives monsterous killing blow only works with non-magical weapons. I prefer the following

lord
    warhorse
    lance
    virtue of heroism (monsterous killing blow)
    armor of agilulf (ws 10)
    dawnstone (reroll armor saves)
    potion of speed (for that one turn against the bloodthirster you really really want to strike first)

I would also consider the potion that adds 1 attack as monsterous killing blow with 5 attacks is nice as well.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by BrPrometheus View Post
    The uber killy lord #2 from dwarf lord isn't uber killy. The virtue that gives monsterous killing blow only works with non-magical weapons. I prefer the following

lord
    warhorse
    lance
    virtue of heroism (monsterous killing blow)
    armor of agilulf (ws 10)
    dawnstone (reroll armor saves)
    potion of speed (for that one turn against the bloodthirster you really really want to strike first)

I would also consider the potion that adds 1 attack as monsterous killing blow with 5 attacks is nice as well.
    Read the GW webpage. Heroism works with magic weapons now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12