BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Tapping During Games

How often during games of 40k do you see people tapping and what do you think of it? There are a few people in my gaming club who can't stand tapping for any reason other than needing to leave and being unable to keep the table set up. Personally I think they're idiots, especially when they bemoan (sometimes offensively) other players for tapping even in situations where rolling nothing but 6s (lower for ld of course ) for the rest of the game couldn't save them. Why should anyone have to just go through the motions so their opponent can have a wankfest cleaning up whats left of their forces with minimal resistance. Not surprisingly the people most vocal when it comes to bemoaning tappers play lists most likely to utterly cripple an opponent in the first two turns but even when they are losing so badly they can't even tie anymore they won't tap to free up a table (my club has 6x as many members as tables).

Librarian

Er, tapping? Not familiar with the term.

Veteran-Sergeant

I belive he means quitting early/throwing the towel in = tapping out ala wrestling/UFC tapping.

Other than obvious time constraints in friendly games, I personally fight to the death if only to be a stubbon git and sometimes you pull of a mircale win or draw.

Giving up and ending the game before it would end by the rules because there is either no reason, will or ability to keep playing.

Chaplain

I don't see anything wrong with it. If I'm playing a jerk who just wants to clean me up, or I'm out of time or just bored that day then I'll concede. In the reverse situation, I try not to mop the floor with people. If I totally outclass a player then I help them out/play fluffily so we both have a good game. If they want to concede I'll let them of course.

If I'm playing someone I'm getting on really well with, the game is fun, and both players are up for the loser making a heroic last stand then we'll play till the bitter end. Don't see why I should have some policy that always applies in every situation

Librarian

Oh, ok.

We've done that a few times in my group, usually when it's no longer an even battle and has become a Curb-Stomp Battle, or one side has clearly won.

Ah, around here we call that "Scooping." It comes from our CCG days.

I'll scoop if the game isn't fun or there honestly is no point in playing. if someone is beating me down and enjoying it too much, or If I go for one last hurrah and have it fail, then I'll scoop. Nothing wrong with it, if its not fun for both sides then its not worth playing

Chapter-Master

I usually don't concede, but I don't have a problem letting my opponent do so. No one ever should.

Sometimes it gets to a point where the last two turns of the game simply involve picking up your last few surviving models one by one. Not that much fun, so some people don't feel like wasting their time going through that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Only once did I experience someone tapping out, and it was about a week after the new Tyranids codex released. My friend, who was fielding 'Nids, tapped out around the 4th turn, after realizing he had been playing the rules all wrong. I insisted he could keep going if he liked, but he declined, so I accepted his forfeit.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Hmm tapping, ive only done that once with a friend playing me, he clearly won, so i didnt see the point if finishing. He had wiped my army and destroyed any hope to even draw.

But i have played a few games were my opponent has done this to me, once he just had to go, which he should of let us know early, other times people just give up or whine about losing.
    But if its fun i like to play to the lst or if its ok with the other player im also happy to end the game too as long as we both have fun.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast