BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Good point on the Avatar... But I feel they are fundamentally different (C'tan and Avatars). The Avatar is only a portion of a sliver of the power of Khiane. C'tan are themselves, not a portion of a sliver of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are overpowered or that I don't know how do kill them. In fact most Necron players I know don't even use them. Im not even saying get rid of the fluff, all I am saying is that personages like the Emperor, Khorne himself and C'tan should be kept off the table.

Duke
    And that's all good and fine! Opinions are totally welcome, and a point to you duke.

We don't really know how much power khaine has, so the avatar may just be the proper representation we get in game. And that's all good and fine. C'tan can stay or go as far as I care, but we should get a tomb stalker or a walker or something in return. I just don't think that the C'tan are so overpowered that they should be apocalypse only.
    How many have fallen before you? How many have you sent below? How could you ever show pity? Is that a word that you know?

Default loads of ideas :)

ive been playing necrons for ages now, and sometimes they come up awesome, but others they flail miserably. if gw redid them i dont think it would be great, but just really different.

id like to see
    - unique we'll be back (not just fnp) i had an idea, when you roll a 4+ per model killed, and once enough of that type has been killed they can deep strike back on as a new unit, maybe using monoliths and tomb spyders as beacons to teleport to?
    - pariahs that can actually fight in a combat instead of just hanging around forever,
    - some sort of more common invunerable, power weapons are just too gay against crons atm
    - scarabs to remain jetbikes,
    - some sort of power weapon, maybe an upgrade to flayed ones or wraithes,
    - a new vehicle, maybe like a tripod walker thingy (being ancient enemies of the eldar id like more of a counter part to a wraithlord or warwalker)
    - a new hq choice, a psyker perhaps? or a more versatile lord

but gw will probably just do what they did with chaos and make it all generic rules like fnp and slow and purposeful

I would like a fast open topped transport vehicle. It would make Pariahs more mobile and useful. As well as add some much needed mobility to the army

Brother-Sergeant

Even in 2nd ed. Necrons were not fearless. However, stubborn is totally appropriate. FNP makes WBB much easier to take care of. Not sure about rending on an entire army. Keeping the ability to wound anything on a 6 is good. Perhaps having gauss weapons only minus 1 on glancing hits would help make them scary to vehicle armies as before. With the current meta-game, it would be hilarious to see people go back to not playing vehicles against Necrons again. Can't decide if they need new units of just improvements to the ones they have. Upgrades, wargear, staying around in CC once more would be nice. Larger units for some like destroyers and wraiths, giving the 'Necron' rule to more units would help. And above all, get rid of Phase Out. They have the only army with a rule that says you auto-lose. Ridiculous.

The outdated codex and vast amount of metal models has kept me away from making a Necron army for a long long time.

1. FNP is the simple solution to WBB but I think the WBB rule (it should be modified a bit) makes things unique and flavorful.
    2. I'm also digging the idea of slow and purposeful. Really would help out squads of warriors
    3. I agree with a walker of some sort.
    4. Wraiths need help and for gods sake plastic models.
    5. Making gauss more deadly would be awesome.

Battle-Brother

It might be good for WBB to use something like the "Send in the next wave" rule for conscripts , in which once a necron unit is completely destoryed, it can remerge on the edge of the table as if deployed from reserves. Might be a little much considering strong of a unit warriors are compaired to conscripts but it might work.
    Check out my Imperial Guard painting blog! http://imperialupliftingprimer.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    The outdated codex and vast amount of metal models has kept me away from making a Necron army for a long long time.
    Get out of my head !!!!! LOL

A few ideas.

Leave most of the list as is, with the ability to upgrade troops and weapons if they belong to one of the gods.

So, standard warriors have the sae rule for gauss and crons as now + slow and purposeful and are just as fragile (lower the cost to 10 points each)These represent normal drone types.

C'Tan rules on Necron @ + 20 points per unit.
    Void Dragon = str + 2 gauss + lance rule (nolonger auto wound on 6+) crons have +1 Int (nolonger slow).
    Deceiver = Gauss has Rending and crons have stealth and move through over.
    Nightbringer = Gauss has melta rule and crons are relentless.
    Outsider = Gauss wounds on a 4+ in stead of 6 and -1 AP (so normal gun is ap 4 and so on) and crons have +1 toughness.

Drones can be mixed in to these but C'Tan don't like each other so cant be mixed.
    Last edited by Renegade; 09-07-2010 at 05:30 PM.

If Necrons get SaP it'd be neat to make all the weapons heavy and respectively up every guns strength or AP. I mean since they're robots why wouldn't they be carrying heavy weapons unlike typical human infantry. Adds some flavor to the army.

Also named FOs and/or wraiths that grant preferred enemy.

Another idea I've bounced around with friends was giving FOs different skins that could target specific armies (i.e. ork skin = -2 Ld. on terrifying visage w/ orks)
    I am the "Who" when you call "Who's there?"

I'd be happy with losing phase out. This stops people taking more of the esoteric units because they have to stock up on warriors. It's pretty easy, especially with a shooty army, to phase out a normal necron list. Of course the 3 monlith 2 res orb destroyer lord and all warriors list is harder, but how often do you see them?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123