BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default *Gust of wind* *Tumbleweed Blows by*

Is everyone just really busy with life or playing 40K and WHFB?
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Chapter-Master

Summer seems to be a dry spell for everything.

Would like to say i'm busy but enjoying some time of with me lady
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

A little of both, though I did just order a Realm of Battle Gameboard and Imperial Strongpoint (tired of playing on improvised surfaces with improvised terrain since I've moved to my new place), as well as the new Daemon Prince, Horrors, and I advance ordered two sets of Bloodcrushers. I am now eagerly awaiting what is sure to be a massive box, and already have my construction table out, along with a full task force of minio - friends to assist me in the priming and basing process.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Im here, Im just in the Flames of War section alot at the moment...........
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

ive been seaside(gotta love old timey seaside fun!), and painting like a maniac for the terminate the daemonvessels game last saturday!(ended up being much bigger than expected, though loadsa fun). didnt help that when i got back from the holiday my pc had got caught in an infinate loop on startup, and is now just an expensive doorstop(i will get round to replacing the HD soon, i promise). and forums arent fun on the wiis opera browser(why o why did they not use firefox, heck android wouldve been better than this turd!). so ive missed nothing it seems, and thats lucky. wouldve hated having to read hundreds of threads just to catch up lol!
    you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be to clean his shoes.

Chaplain

Just painting a Apoc sized Eldar army, my SoB, now a freinds BA's and also some Budgies (kroot).
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Fly Lord

So everyone is heads down painting away, and not posting pics or project logs for us all to drool at?

Help us out, we need our painted minis fix...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    So everyone is heads down painting away, and not posting pics or project logs for us all to drool at?

Help us out, we need our painted minis fix...
    yeah, sorry bout that bigred, i took some pics of my force(finally managed to get some vaguely ok pics, but no PC) and some of this weekends terminate the daemonhosts(including a massive CC brawl of sisters, lunarwolves, salamander, 2 homebrew SM chapters, black legion and ork nobs). ill try to get the old PC working, and post some up later if i can. im guessing you guys are sorting articles etc for wargamescon, and as such are busy. i guess a lot of guys(and gals) are doing so for their own blogs etc.
    you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be to clean his shoes.

Veteran-Sergeant

I figured the summer months would probably be less busy.

I've just been busy browsing forums and getting to know the 8th edition WHFB rules. I know this is the 40K forum, but this is where most people seem to post. And I wanted to let everyone know what I have been up to.

I've been trying to answer rules questions which in turn have been teaching me the rules even better. I find that a lot, when teaching or preparing a lesson, you often times end up learning more than the students (I'm going to be an ROTC instructor at Brigham Young University when I leave this sand box).
    I also just purchased, like, 7000+ points of High Elves. I know I know, wrong forum.

Oh, I have had lots of models painted while I've been deployed. I commission my best friend to paint them. He does a really good job IMHO. So, What happens when you make some extra cash and you can't paint and your best friend can? The following lol.

Here are the links to what I've had done while I've been gone.

[url]http://awakeningynnead.blogspot.com/2010/08/white-dwarf-in-spaaaaaaace.html[/url]
    This guy is a roving rogue techmarine type. lol.

[url]http://awakeningynnead.blogspot.com/2010/08/gets-hot-marine.html[/url]
    This guy was made for me as a welcome home present for when I get back.

[url]http://awakeningynnead.blogspot.com/2010/07/planetary-empires-completed.html[/url]
    My planetary empires that I had commissioned out

[url]http://awakeningynnead.blogspot.com/2010/07/completed-ravenwing.html[/url]
    My Raven Wing, so far, more models will be added later

My best friend also just stopped by my house and picked up my battle foam display board. He's going to paint that up really nice.

So, that's what I've been up to.

I apologize for posting so much random stuff under the General 40K forum.

Respectfully,
    DarkAngelHopeful
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelHopeful View Post
    Is everyone just really busy with life or playing 40K and WHFB?
    I rather like the quiet.

It is better than the 5 millionth "Whats your lucky game/best unit/worst experience/etc you've ever had?" cliche thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast