BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mistress of Mayhem

Default Miniature Painting

Greetings, Belfry!

We're excited to announce our very first Creative Stream happening this thursday night! GoatBoy will be leading the charge in a Pants-Optional, Creative Extravaganza! AKA... He's going to get mad and yell at his miniatures on camera for your enjoyment!

Join us here!

[url]https://www.twitch.tv/belloflostsouls/dashboard/events[/url]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullofmonkey.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	259.4 KB 
ID:	19828
    Twitch and Cosplay inquiries: [email protected]

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm gonna try to hop in and get some good painting tips for my boyz but I think I'm actually gonna be kinda busy during the first half of the stream.

Imma try tho.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

I've been looking forward to this since you guys first mentioned it. It's always good to watch how someone else paints.
    I didn't go to the LVO but I'm still a reasonably OK-ish person.

Fly Lord

Goatboy has a very particular visual style, but he's a pro and can knock out an army faster than almost anyone else out there.

I once saw him paint up a Helldrake entirely (and nicely) while we were both watching a movie on cable. Crazy.

He can routinely knock out a 2k army for clients in 2-3 days.

He'a a painting machine. Many good tips and shortcuts to save you time.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Mistress of Mayhem

I am INCREDIBLY excited about this. I may or may not be watching from Rob's studio in Houston, sans pants, whiskey in hand. LETS DO THIS.

I know Goatboy wasn't happy with the state of the actual close-up painting camera (for those who didn't see, it was really over-exposed and had focus issues) but on the bright side we still saw a good lot of his technique and good conversations were had. He certainly can paint quickly.

Hopefully you can get a new/better camera for next time, but at least the night wasn't a dead loss, mate.

Veteran-Sergeant

I was busy and couldn't make it in

bwomp bwomp next time
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Fly Lord

Thanks all for tuning in for Goatboy's first show.

The good news is we got the basics down and learned a LOT on how to tighten things up.

We have an all new 1080P webcam in the mail and will be repositioning the cameras for much better shots of the minis while they are being painted.

It's gonna be much better and sharper in the days ahead.

Thomas is already rarin' to go with his next show.

-L
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Mistress of Mayhem

Rob and I talked a lot about the setup for this over the weekend. The best streams he's seen for painting use a stationary platform for the Minis, with a camera trained onto that spot over the shoulder of the painter. So we're looking right at the spot he's painting, rather than viewing the back side of it.

The streaming platform is a pvc pipe or something along those lines, clamped to the edge of the table, with a ball on top of it. The miniature is attached to that, so it can be rotated on the ball and moved to suit what the painter needs for angle. It forces the streamer to keep the mini in the shot, and allows the audience a great view of what's being painted.

Add that to the new camera, and we're in BUSINESS. Sexy, sexy paint business.

Also, I'm currently looking for more people who are interested in joining our stream paint community. We could use one or two more painters to stream for us, who have two cameras and computer gear that's high enough quality to stream from. If you know anybody who paints well enough to do this, let us know!

What you described there sounds like painting gulag to me. You gotta be comfy while you paint...and have a nice camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast