BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default new to BoLS looking for Alpha legion background

Hi all I just heard of this site and have already recomended it to my gaming team. A few years back WD did a index Astartes on the Alpha legion my girlfriend has started reading the Horus Heresy books and likes the Thousand Sons and the Alpha Legion and is looking for more info before she picks what army she wants to start. Any help with be great.

Brother-Sergeant

I don't know that there's a ton of fluff/lore info on them here on BoLS, however, Lexicanum is a great site that can sate that thirst.

[url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page[/url]

It's basically a 40k wiki (and it has a WFB twin too). GW also published Index Astartes I-IV a few years ago that has the various first founding legions and their backgrounds, but these are sadly out of print. You can find them on eBay, amazon, etc. though.

Good luck to you.

I know I have the first 3 of those books and the backgrounds in some of them have changed just from the Horus Heresy books. She is new to the whole WH40k world but is getting hooked she just likes to read the fluff on the chapters. but thanks I'll check that site out.